Hobbyist Forums banner

Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Registered
1,787 Posts
Discussion Starter #1 (Edited)
Walmart matches competitor prices,incl. food. Oh,they are told to keep that quiet though in some stores. This week ALDIs near me has 2%milk gal $1.79..WM 2.97..what would you pay? Butter..2.29 versus 2.66. And three local groceries have bananas 28,33,and 3/$1 per lb. Walmart: 48. What would you pay? Want to save money ...make sure you don't overpay at Wallyworld...:dude:

·
Registered
12,345 Posts
Always good advice but unfortunately many people either don't have the time or don't make the time to save money so they just pay up. It's true of people that don't shop at Wallys too. If you go to a store to buy things on sale invariably you end up buying stuff that isn't on sale just because you are already there.

·
Registered
3,250 Posts
Did you know Walmart steaks have 400mg sodium per 4 oz. of meat. They add sodium phosfate and salt as preservatives and date the meat way out. Cook it and it tastes like lunch meat.

·
Registered
4,530 Posts
I marched into a couple of them with a TRU sale paper for Johnny Lightnings one day a few months ago, but they didn't have anything!

·
Registered
1,911 Posts
It's got to be one of their "major" competitors for them to match the price......about a year ago I learned that SEARS was not included as one of their major competitors and they won't match their prices....manager actually told me to go to Sears for the lower price.

:wave:

·
Registered
1,514 Posts
Egads!!!

I know there are a lot of stores that they won't price match with. Walmarts won't match the prices of their other stores in the same city. Is that crazy or what???
(Proceeding to bang my head on Walmarts concrete block walls repeatedly)

1 - 10 of 10 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.