Hobbyist Forums banner

1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Banned
3,250 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Did anyone ever have a brushless motor run backwards, or am I the first??? Sounds like a repair job is in order!!! Tried setting up a speedo for the first time (used, but worked fine at first), then after trying something I probably shouldn't have, now the motor jerks and studders and when I hook it up to another speedo, it runs backwards. Tried a new harness too. No different. Other speed works fine with another motor. Looks like I messed up the 1st speedo and a motor. :confused:

·
Registered
1,279 Posts
your "trying something you shouldn't have" wouldn't by some chance advanced the timing drasticaly high or acutally rotated the sensor board did you? Sounds like you have either the timing cranked so far that its starting to run backwards...........just like in the old brushed days. Or you had the sensor board out and didn't reinstall it correctly.

·
Banned
3,250 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
your "trying something you shouldn't have" wouldn't by some chance advanced the timing drasticaly high or acutally rotated the sensor board did you? Sounds like you have either the timing cranked so far that its starting to run backwards...........just like in the old brushed days. Or you had the sensor board out and didn't reinstall it correctly.
No, nothing like that. Tried to hook up a motor to the speedo without unsoldering the wires from the 1st speedo. Just wanted to use it as a sensor to set up the esc. I think something back-fired! Didn't remove the endbell at all or turn it. :confused:

·
Registered
420 Posts
HI ANDY
I would think that would damage the speedo but not the motor. I guessing it probably did damage the speedo and in turn fried the sensor.. just a guess...

·
Banned
3,250 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
HI ANDY
I would think that would damage the speedo but not the motor. I guessing it probably did damage the speedo and in turn fried the sensor.. just a guess...
That's what I'm thinking. Both sensors took a zap. Sent a message to tech @ Novak so waiting to see what they can tell me.

1 - 7 of 7 Posts