Hobbyist Forums banner

1 - 20 of 29 Posts

·
Registered
5,478 Posts
Craig.... It's a Code 3 which means its " not " a true M2 Car from the factory

You and I can make these all day long as long as we can pump out different color tires.

·
Registered
6,164 Posts
Craig.... It's a Code 3 which means its " not " a true M2 Car from the factory

You and I can make these all day long as long as we can pump out different color tires.
jerrmey at CC had the same one pictured on his site in his news letter.so are you saying he is showing cutoms stuff.when i saw the blue tires i thought it was a custom too but he says it's available.:confused:

·
Banned
4,640 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
jerrmey at CC had the same one pictured on his site in his news letter.so are you saying he is showing cutoms stuff.when i saw the blue tires i thought it was a custom too but he says it's available.:confused:
wow, what a price difference, 200 dollars...if Ralph's made it, i can only assume whoever had these made then took 12 to ralph, then had a sticker made..

·
Registered
5,478 Posts
You will not find Ralphs Code 3 Cars on M2s Website under the Promotionals as they are not produced by M2s factory.... They are Ralphs Code 3 creations ...

Value ???? Only what you feel a colored tire is worth.

·
Registered
6,164 Posts
You will not find Ralphs Code 3 Cars on M2s Website under the Promotionals as they are not produced by M2s factory.... They are Ralphs Code 3 creations ...

Value ???? Only what you feel a colored tire is worth.
how come on CC it dose not mention it's a code 3.i did not see that in the discription.:confused:

·
Banned
4,640 Posts
Discussion Starter #10
SUPER STRIKE CHASE!!!...But seriously, in my opinion it's misleading as hell to sell this as" one of the rarest m2 chases ever made"...really, because Ralph made 1 of 3's, 1 of 4's..3-4 tiimes more "rarer"...

·
Registered
6,164 Posts
if this is a custom why is it not posted that way on CC that is my question.i thought jerremy was sean son ? why would he list this as a chase on his site if this was not really one:confused:

·
Registered
5,478 Posts
Here is the breakdown how to tell between Code 1 - Code 2 and Code 3 Cars

Code 1. This is any diecast produced by the manufacturer. It could be a mainstream toy or model, or a limited edition or ordered promotional. The important thing is that it has been produced totally by the manufacturer.

Code 2. This is any diecast that has been finished by a second party, with the knowledge and agreement of the manufacturer. Examples could be a batch of plain white or coloured models, that have had their decals added by another company, with the consent of the manufacturer. It could be castings ordered unpainted, that have been finished and presentation boxed under license. At the end of the day, two companies have been involved in the finishing process, where normally there would be one.

Code 3. This is the refinishing or alteration of a model, without the consent of the manufacturer. This description sounds almost dodgy, but Code 3 is now a recognized collectable in it's own right, and there is nothing illegal or unscrupulous in these singular alternative models. Code 3 covers a wide spectrum, and can mean simply swapping the trailers of two different articulated units, to completly changing the colour and look of a model. Basically, any model intentionally altered in appearance from it's origional manufactured look, without the consent of the afore mentioned manufacturer.

·
Registered
6,164 Posts
Here is the breakdown how to tell between Code 1 - Code 2 and Code 3 Cars

Code 1. This is any diecast produced by the manufacturer. It could be a mainstream toy or model, or a limited edition or ordered promotional. The important thing is that it has been produced totally by the manufacturer.

Code 2. This is any diecast that has been finished by a second party, with the knowledge and agreement of the manufacturer. Examples could be a batch of plain white or coloured models, that have had their decals added by another company, with the consent of the manufacturer. It could be castings ordered unpainted, that have been finished and presentation boxed under license. At the end of the day, two companies have been involved in the finishing process, where normally there would be one.

Code 3. This is the refinishing or alteration of a model, without the consent of the manufacturer. This description sounds almost dodgy, but Code 3 is now a recognized collectable in it's own right, and there is nothing illegal or unscrupulous in these singular alternative models. Code 3 covers a wide spectrum, and can mean simply swapping the trailers of two different articulated units, to completly changing the colour and look of a model. Basically, any model intentionally altered in appearance from it's origional manufactured look, without the consent of the afore mentioned manufacturer.
i know what the codes mean i am not asking that.

·
Banned
4,640 Posts
Discussion Starter #14
M2 Machines Reno Rockabilly Riots Exclusive 1 of 12 Staff car Chase with white rims and blue tires done by Ralphs Customs.

This is a qoute from the ebay add.

Wait i didn't notice, they are both collectible corners ads, but one is 200 more dollars than the other?, it's the exact same vehicle from the same seller?

·
Registered
5,478 Posts
I put that on for everyone to understand what the Codes mean... Not everyone know how to tell between one from another.

What Jeremy is doing is posting Cars on his site in what he thinks will sell.

This is where a person has to know from one Car to another so they understand what they are buying before dishing out the cash.

I buy Code 3 Cars but they usually are the Sledsters if they are priced right.

·
Registered
6,164 Posts
I put that on for everyone to understand what the Codes mean... Not everyone know how to tell between one from another.

What Jeremy is doing is posting Cars on his site in what he thinks will sell.

This is where a person has to know from one Car to another so they understand what they are buying before dishing out the cash.

I buy Code 3 Cars but they usually are the Sledsters if they are priced right.
so what you are saying is jeremy is missleading the collectors when he say chase in his add.do you think M2 would approve of this type of selling. :confused:

·
Banned
4,640 Posts
Discussion Starter #17
technically, no, not by using the word chase, but by saying "one of the rarest m2's produced"...it's not, plain and simple.

·
Registered
5,478 Posts
so what you are saying is jeremy is missleading the collectors when he say chase in his add.do you think M2 would approve of this type of selling. :confused:
M2 has nothing to do with it as its all Jeremy... He can advertise them any way he likes as they fall under Code 3.... It's no different than what Ralph is doing saying what he makes are Lightning Strikes and Rare. Its only to attract the buyers making them think they own a 1/1 item for their collection. If you want to own 1/1 items then I would get a job at the Chinese Factories as that is the place to make a Collection special.

·
Registered
6,164 Posts
M2 has nothing to do with it as its all Jeremy... He can advertise them any way he likes as they fall under Code 3.... It's no different than what Ralph is doing saying what he makes are Lightning Strikes and Rare. Its only to attract the buyers making them think they own a 1/1 item for their collection. If you want to own 1/1 items then I would get a job at the Chinese Factories as that is the place to make a Collection special.
i understand why it is done.what i am wanting to know why he did not say this is a code 3 car in his ad.he is calling a car an "m2 chase" this is no better than some one faking a super on ebay or a WL.he sell to collectors right.what will happen when someone buys it than he finds out this was a cutom and it is not a real chase.do you think he would put his reputaion at risk doing that ?his site is not a fly by night store front so why not just say this is a code 3 car in the discription insted of risking some one getting pissed off ?

·
Registered
750 Posts
i understand why it is done.what i am wanting to know why he did not say this is a code 3 car in his ad.he is calling a car an "m2 chase" this is no better than some one faking a super on ebay or a WL.he sell to collectors right.what will happen when someone buys it than he finds out this was a cutom and it is not a real chase.do you think he would put his reputaion at risk doing that ?his site is not a fly by night store front so why not just say this is a code 3 car in the discription insted of risking some one getting pissed off ?
If you click the detailed description on his site it say made by ralphs customs.

1 - 20 of 29 Posts