Hobbyist Forums banner

1 - 12 of 12 Posts

·
Registered
306 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Ok, I have a RTR caster fusion that came with a hobbywing 80A ESC and a FUSION 2000 motor. I put the motor/esc in my converted Mugen MBX5T truggy and ran it a few races. Yesterday it sounded like my center diff went out and it had no power under load. Turns out as I give it gas you can hear the motor turn and it sounds dirty or broken and I can hold the truggy and the pinion doesn't move. It doesn't slip at the shaft. Is this how they go, or do I need to clean the motor somehow?

·
Registered
306 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
I think you are right, the windings on the shaft spin free. There is a plate like piece on each side that is still glued to the rotor shaft. Is that main round area with the windings on the shaft suppose to spin freely?

Thanks for your help.

·
Registered
2,743 Posts
Send it back and get a new one. Thats what warranty's are for. Let them fix their mistake. For what its worth, there's a guy at our track with the same buggy and has had lots of trouble with his. I had a Novak rotor come unglued on mine. They sent me a new one no questions asked.

·
Registered
306 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
I like the motor and ESC. For RTR I think it is a good choice. Is it a MMM? No but it is solid overall. If this fix doesn't work, I'll contact Mike, he is a good guy and will take care of it. This is one of the blue 2000's, not the older Fusion that had problems so I'm actually surprised this happened. I'm reassembling it now and will know later today.

Vince

·
Registered
57 Posts
Yes those new Blue motors have been pretty solid now as for the older purple ones.... they had some issues in race situations.

·
Registered
306 Posts
Discussion Starter #10
Well, sad to report that JB Weld did not hold. I'm pretty surprised, it usually works on everything. I'll try again but I'm probably just going to get a MMM system for next season.

1 - 12 of 12 Posts