Hobbyist Forums banner
1 - 17 of 17 Posts

·
Registered
12,344 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I was at the customer service desk returning a duplicate gift for one of my daughters at TRU last night. It was kind of quiet, the manager was standing there beside the employee that was helping me, seemingly unbusy, so I asked him about the lack of Hot Wheels cars on hand.

He went on about how they are busy with returns right now so they aren't getting much stock this week, but they should start to replenish items soon.

I then informed him that since the beginning of December they have had little to no HWs and that it was seemingly an inopportune time to be so low on this type of inventory.

Well he went from giving me the standard company answer to completely ignoring me and turning away from me! At first he may have thought I was an inquisitive customer, which I was. But then I guess I became the dark collector type that isn't worthy of a serious answer.

I know there are more important things to worry about in the store but to run completely out of cars a week before Xmas and get none in before the big day is totally stupid.

Well I knew I was barking up the wrong tree, I should have just got my money back and went on my way.....

·
Registered
435 Posts
lol, You said it Mud. I hate when I ask employies if I can look through a Hot Wheels case, and they have a stupid puzzled look on their face, like as if I just said "Hey can I possibly kill you, eat all of your food, and date your daughter?"
ugh, Stupid wal-mart.

·
Registered
1,264 Posts
funny, there weren't any hot wheels in tru christmas eve or the day before. but the day after christmas, they had put out loads. but, i'm not a door opener, and i found nothing left of interest. they had been picked thru either by employees or openers.
they also have only like 10 johnny lightnings, some matchbox, few maisto, and few jada. the shelves werre bare before and now after christmas. but, this store is low on the totem pole.

·
Registered
622 Posts
At Tru pegs were bare on the sat before Christmas. I asked why they didn't get any in.
They said they stocked 16 cases on Tuesday and all were gone.

·
Registered
33 Posts
Some of you guys are really funny and cute, but you know your right..lol I just called my walmart today to see if they had any hotwheels stocked, the guy on the other end said they had ordered some but didnt know when they would be getting them. I had to lie a bit and say well my son got a gift card to walmart and was looking forward to getting some different hot wheel cars. the guy then told me "oh, well wait a min and I will go look." He then came back and told me "oh yes we must have stocked it last night the pegs are all full." I was like wooohooo .I have to run down and check. Well 30 mins later I'm at walmart saying what a lier under my breath with people going down the isle looking at me strange. only 3 pegs were filled and all junk!!So instead I bought my boyfriend a model to put together.

·
Registered
1,755 Posts
I've learned to take out my frustrations on a game called need for speed. Yep I'm wanted for many crimes, retail destruction included.

·
Registered
659 Posts
its sad to see the corruption in all these stores...

before i came to this forum, i just thought it was bad luck that i never cought a TH hanging on the pegs, now i know, that most likely its because of employees and whatnot :(

·
Registered
1,767 Posts
When I was in the Rental/Retail buisness..(15 years) Plus I was a half owner in a small pet shop for three years, I just loved it when customers would tell me how to run my buisness,what to order and how much to charge for it,,In all fairness if the store, especially a chain store, has a lack of product, It's most likely NOT the managers fault. But he's the guy that has to take all the crap. It gets old real fast. And even if you really want to tell a customer exactly where they can stuff a certain item(sideways if possible) you can't. You have to suck it up, listen to them whine,bitch and complain, Say your sorry, you will look in to it and promise to do better in the future and send you on your way with a feeling that your complaint about a .97 car made a impact on how things are going to get done...Sorry.. I still get wound up, I could write a book about some of the buttheads I had to deal with...:lol:

·
Registered
281 Posts
The managers are just pawns of all these chain stores nowadays. They have no input into what gets ordered, these chains have "buyers" in most instances and are led around by bullrings in their collective noses. Customers have the false conception that they are in control when in reality it is the store who has the ultimate power. The only things the exec hotshots care about now is the bottom line and that is what is written on the month end, year end tallies for sales and what is the profit margin.

What gets me is if they looked at the figures for their diecast sales who do they think is buying the highest percentage and who they are buying it for..............adult collectors!

·
Registered
12,344 Posts
Discussion Starter · #12 ·
scott1091 said:
In all fairness if the store, especially a chain store, has a lack of product, It's most likely NOT the managers fault. But he's the guy that has to take all the crap. It gets old real fast. And even if you really want to tell a customer exactly where they can stuff a certain item(sideways if possible) you can't. You have to suck it up, listen to them whine,bitch and complain, Say your sorry, you will look in to it and promise to do better in the future and send you on your way with a feeling that your complaint about a .97 car made a impact on how things are going to get done...Sorry.. I still get wound up, I could write a book about some of the buttheads I had to deal with...:lol:
I understand the butthead scenario but there is a trickledown effect from a 97 cent toy car. If a store can't stock an item that I want no matter what the price, why should I bother checking there for other items I want to buy? If they are going to carry them, then carry them.

I understand many managers are not to blame for the lack of inventory, but if they truly do care how it looks to their customers they will make some calls and rattle some cages to see if there is something that can be done. Standing there with your hands in your pockets saying I've done everything I can do isn't good enough. If you've done everything you can do, then it's OK. :D

·
Registered
1,767 Posts
I hear ya Mike:thumbsup: ..Come to think of it, I did notice a lack of diecast products from almost all manufactures this Christmas season. I thought that maybe they had some and sold it all before I saw it(possible). But now I'm thinking maybe not.Hmmmmmmmm

·
Registered
538 Posts
CTWLSMIKE said:
I understand the butthead scenario but there is a trickledown effect from a 97 cent toy car. If a store can't stock an item that I want no matter what the price, why should I bother checking there for other items I want to buy? If they are going to carry them, then carry them.

I understand many managers are not to blame for the lack of inventory, but if they truly do care how it looks to their customers they will make some calls and rattle some cages to see if there is something that can be done. Standing there with your hands in your pockets saying I've done everything I can do isn't good enough. If you've done everything you can do, then it's OK. :D

That will be about your only recourse. If you're not happy when don't go back. :thumbsup:

·
Registered
12,344 Posts
Discussion Starter · #15 ·
Zom said:
That will be about your only recourse. If you're not happy when don't go back. :thumbsup:
Well after several post Xmas trips and still no cars on the pegs, I'm done with TRU again. Everytime I give them the benefit of a doubt, I end up with nothing to show for it but wasted time. Enough is enough.

·
Registered
538 Posts
CTWLSMIKE said:
Well after several post Xmas trips and still no cars on the pegs, I'm done with TRU again. Everytime I give them the benefit of a doubt, I end up with nothing to show for it but wasted time. Enough is enough.

I hear ya. there are certin stores that i wont give my non collectable buisness to since they have that attitude.

·
Registered
2,219 Posts
Reddwarf2 said:
I've learned to take out my frustrations on a game called need for speed. Yep I'm wanted for many crimes, retail destruction included.
:lol: Yea, either that or GTA helps to vent the frustrations.

1 - 17 of 17 Posts