Hobbyist Forums banner

1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Registered
350 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I'm a little wet behind the ears with errors and variants and stuff, honestly I just like the cars I like and collect like that.

Well last week I saw this Mazda Furai and thought it was a pretty cool car so I picked it up. I noticed the rear wheels were black and thought it was odd but didn't think much more of it. Actually I was planning on a night of opening up cars and working on my shelves with the Furai included but I got busy, left it in the bag of carded HW I bought and that was that.

Today on a quick lunch time hunt I found the Furai again, only this time all four paws were the FTE wheels. The light bulb went on and I decided to snap a shot and see what you vets think I may have here.

Thanks in advance!

·
Registered
1,425 Posts
It's awful hard to tell, but the first one looks like it has FTE2s on the front and either MC5s or OH5s on the rear. Whatever the case, you've definitely found an error.

·
Registered
350 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
Thanks guys!

So aside from it just being something cool to have, will it ever be valuable to trade or anything? Honestly I don't care, I have no real interest in getting rid of stuff, just curious as to what errors actually mean to collectors.

·
Premium Member
10,287 Posts
I have had errors that sold for less than $5 and I had one that sold for over $20 and a couple that wouldn't sell for $3. Errors are funny that way. A more popular car like Mustang, Camaro and Corvette ect have a better chance of bringing more.

·
Registered
1,425 Posts
I have had errors that sold for less than $5 and I had one that sold for over $20 and a couple that wouldn't sell for $3. Errors are funny that way.
I suppose it also depends on the nature of the error. Might explain why I never managed to get rid of my Nitro Doorslammer error.

·
Premium Member
9,570 Posts
Nice Finds Congrats.:wave::thumbsup:

·
Registered
5,832 Posts
As a few posts before me have stated, it depends on a few things in regards to errors.
From the car to what type of error, it all depends on who wants it and are they willing to agree on what you are asking for it.

·
Premium Member
2,263 Posts
Hi Seventy7
Congrats on the find.:thumbsup:
Just to add what the rest have said collecting errors can be tricky, If your just collecting them to keep- Cool. If your getting them to try and resell be careful, you might be holding onto it for a LLLooonnnggg time. Like others have said if a person wasn't interested in the car in the first place, they probably won't wan't it as a error.
For instance the only error's that I collect are 67-69 Mercury cougars, because thats my favorite car and try to collect any of them that I can.

1 - 10 of 10 Posts