Hobbyist Forums banner

1 - 20 of 33 Posts

·
Registered
483 Posts
Yea it's sad Aurora never got around to make a "Rhedorsaurus" kit , but there are a few resin kits out there and in my opinion was the one made by BILLIKEN was the best out there .

Robert

·
Registered
662 Posts
That auction states the kit is "based on the Aurora monster model kit scale". That may be the confusion here. I don't think he's claiming it was based on an actual Aurora kit.

·
Registered
5,022 Posts
There was a number of kits based on Aurora what ifs.Their was them! and the beast and couple others.I know Al at Python kits did a couple Aurora what ifs and Larry at actionhobbies.But the one in question think AL at Python did this one.:)

·
Registered
319 Posts
That MIGHT be the kit Scott "Captain Cardboard" Alexander released in his "Models Aurora Shoulda Made" line. I had his kit a long time ago, but I can't recall if this is it. I think it's not, but am unsure.

Lee

·
Premium Member
5,433 Posts
There's a lot of fodder there!! If a company could get rights to some of those boxes and put styrene kits in 'em..... (hint hint)......

Chris.:)

·
Premium Member
5,433 Posts
I'd love to say "pick a kit and we'll go hassle Dave and Frank" but I don't think it'd be very wise.....:p

Chris.:)

·
Registered
1,863 Posts
I think I've got a Billiken--it's a vinyl kit about 10 inches long. Nice but the head detail is pretty soft--I would love a better kit of this creature--it's just about the only Harryhausen monster that hasn't been done up as a great toy or model (although I know there are at least a couple LARGE resin kits that are too big and expensive for me).

·
Registered
956 Posts
The Rhedosaurus (you all know what that stands for, right?) is my favorite Dinosaur 'design' of all time.

If you could pick one 'fantasy' kit (you know, 'Big Frankie', 'Moon Bus', etc) to actually be made, this would be mine.

1 - 20 of 33 Posts