Hobbyist Forums banner

1 - 12 of 12 Posts

·
Registered
4,551 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Do any of you guys still have some of your stuff left???I want to run this car so bad this winter but i need some parts for it..

I have tried alot of other areas so im going to try here. I am trying to get my vintage ultima ready for some winter vintage racing. I still need a set of short kyosho or duratrax gold shocks, and i need a ball diff kit for the ultima made by either thorp, kyosho, MIP, or any other they may have had back then. Im also looking for 48 pitch internal gears and outer gears made by trinity, robinson, thorp, ect. Im also interested in a complete tranny if anyone has a old trackmaster belt drive or pit stop chain driveor something like that but i would rather keep it stock. These parts are my missing links to get this abay going. thanks in advance

If you have any original ultima, ultima 2 ultima pro ect ect. Basically the cars that shared the first series pf options.

·
Registered
6,711 Posts
man those were the days. I ran an Ultima converted to a truck. it was unstoppable until the Losi JRXT's came out. My brother ran his Optima Mid SE on the carpet as well.
Sorry no parts left though.

·
Registered
6,711 Posts
Mike
If you can find the Fulton's Hobbies thread in the Track section, maybe post something on there. I know those guys run Vintage classes. Somebody may have extra parts.

·
Registered
44 Posts
This is what I've found in my boxes. The shocks are red and the collars are cracked, no dogbones & few external gears are missing. Let me know if this is any help to you.

Matt Snow

Attachments

·
Registered
2,680 Posts
Now *that's* some old-school stuff there ;) Didn't Joel Johnson win the Worlds in '87 with one of them things? I had one of those aluminum chassis, turned it into an oval car by building a battery box and mounting off of the left side of the chassis, and threw an MRP Supermodified body on it. Won a few races at the local skating rink with it ;)

·
Registered
4,551 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
This is what I've found in my boxes. The shocks are red and the collars are cracked, no dogbones & few external gears are missing. Let me know if this is any help to you.

Matt Snow

Yep thats the stuff i am looking for. I sent you PM

·
Registered
4,551 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
If you need more check ebay, lots of stuff on there.
Yep ive been checking ebay daily. Not to many of the ball diffs or shock showing up like i need. everything else ive bought tons of. The car comes with a gear diff, and on the rug the gear diff reallly hurts the car in the turns...

·
Registered
342 Posts
my brother actually brought a Turbo Optima Mid over to my house today and was asking me if we could get it going again.....if you find an outlet for parts for these old dogs, please pass along the info, it would be much appreciated!

·
Registered
878 Posts
Yep ive been checking ebay daily. Not to many of the ball diffs or shock showing up like i need. everything else ive bought tons of. The car comes with a gear diff, and on the rug the gear diff reallly hurts the car in the turns...
It will be tough to find an old MIP or Thorp diff for those, good luck in your search.

1 - 12 of 12 Posts