Hobbyist Forums banner

1 - 20 of 67 Posts

·
Registered
540 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hi guys. I have been searching the boards in oval for a while comparing chassis and ideas different companies had to add to theirs. I remember that ADX had the side shocks mounted in such a way (on the top pod plate of course) that both the shocks were in line with each other, and inline with the center shock. they claimed it helped them to control the roll of the chassis better compared to shocks which were mounted outsie the center of the chassis. If anyone knows if their website has been built,or knows why we havent heard a ton about them, please feel free to post.
Dave

·
Registered
657 Posts
some times u can find them on ebay. but people don't really want to let them go. when adx went m.i.a. most the factory testors sold them. so now the people that bought them won't let go.

·
Registered
328 Posts
I beleive the guys at RIP motorsports are the ones making a car almost identical to the ADX prototype. I saw it in Delaware a few months ago.

·
Registered
540 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
Ok, thanks guys. I thought they were doing real well last time i checked.....I heard they teamed up with a motor company (putnam? maybe) and had a good thing going.....does anyone have a pic of their old proto car? I believe it was from a cad or some type of drafting program. The one im referring to is the one which has all three rear shocks inline with eachother....thanks again guys
Dave
PS: gezer: could oyu be talking about the hyperdrive mount? 2 pieces of graphite stod up, curved to change shock angle without changing length? maybe

·
Registered
328 Posts
E mail me and I have some pics of the old car. You may want to consider even if you do manage to lay your hands on one of these parts will be almost impossible to come by. You may want to consider a production run car. The parts and setup support are most important. (insert Hyperdrive plug here). My email is [email protected]

·
Registered
540 Posts
Discussion Starter #11
Thanks Steve, email sent. Im not really worried about finding parts, if I need to get some, I can mill them out with a friend. I want to compare different chassis designs because I have one custom car made and wanted to see what features I could add to the next one. Thanks again.
Dave

·
Registered
4,551 Posts
one of the rollers sold on ebay a few months ago by s downs was the name....it beliove it sold for 250 as a roller.. plus rocket sold his to.... was a cool looking car, would be nice to see it back to see how well it really works...

·
Registered
233 Posts
That car works very well, but it just never got the testing needed to succeed. The owner of ADX did bail on the car for the Snowbirds, even before he ever ran it....but he then got beat by the only prototype that ran at the Snowbirds. So that should tell you something.

I still have one of these cars, and I might be willing to sell it. I am not sure if I am going to run any carpet this winter or not. If you are interested in the car, you can email an offer to me at [email protected]

I also have one of the ADX velodrome prototype cars that I would sell if anyone is interested.

For those of you who don't know, I am the one who started ADX and I also designed all of the cars. Greg Kraios bought ADX from me, and tried to work a deal out with Fantom Motors to distribute the new car. I can't tell you what went wrong from there...as I was only involved in the design of the cars at that point. But as rockin_bob13 said above "ADX is no longer in business".

·
Registered
328 Posts
Yes the Prototype on Ebay was mine. It would have needed a few revisions before production but would have been very competitive. Greg had to take care of some things outside of running a r/c company in his spare time so we all moved on. I now understand why speedfreak wants the car but to most anyone else I still say look for a company with great parts support like Hyperdrive. Cause sooner or later something is going to get broken.

·
Registered
328 Posts
Hey Brad I ran my prototype all week there in stock. Car finished second in the club race and spent most of the qualifiers airborne form wrecks. LOL

·
Registered
233 Posts
I knew that in 19 turn, that Greg and his buddies ran their KSG cars, and Tony Fox continued with the ADX prototype and beat all of the guys that bailed on it. I was not sure if anyone ran it in stock or not though.

I think that car has a lot of potential if given a chance.

·
Registered
8,541 Posts
i know jake from jph racing owns the adx 3..and the rip motorsports is a 100% knock off of the prototype. brad hayes is the man when it comes to oval car design. i owned a adx 2 and before that i owned the parma pahze 1 car. i think both had brad hayes behind them?

greg kraios has not fallen off the map yet. he just had a tom of problems and just couldn't afford to run a company anymore. adx had some stout oval drivers on there team a few years back..guy in florida still win lots of races with the adx 2..it's finding parts that hurts them.

mr. hayes i have a florida oval racer who has skills and would love to test a prototype oval car if you were ever in the need for a driver or two.

[email protected] check out www.focars.net tony padilla is the wheel thanks bill

·
Registered
657 Posts
i miss my adx. brad i'm always here if u need a tester.lol.. see u this weekend man... i never ever seen the proto 3 in person, seen the cads though.

1 - 20 of 67 Posts