Hobbyist Forums banner

1 - 14 of 14 Posts

·
Registered
64 Posts
Discussion Starter #1 (Edited)
Hey Pete, I read that you're a Dick Brooks fan...Me too! I met Mr. Brooks at Nashville in '85 when he raced the #90 Junie Dunlevy Ford. Here is some pics of my T.O.P. '70 Superbird I painted & mounted on an AFX of Dicks #32 , along side my oldest race car, a T-jet, Quad-lam'd ,Champion panned, Pete Hamilton Plymouth. Old NASCAR is COOL!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!..........So are clear bodied HO cars!............Tom

·
Duke Dave of Sealand
2,879 Posts
Nice pair of Birds! Keep posting and we'll keep admiring!

Coach!

·
Tyco & Mopar Freak!
4,913 Posts
I agree with VJ!! where can I buy some????? I love superbirds and daytonas!!

Keep up good work!

Wes

·
Registered
2,818 Posts
I met Dick about half a dozen times over a 20 year span of being connected with the racing at Rocky Hill in Porterville. Nice guy, very soft spoken. I have in my model collection the MPC release of his red and gold #22 Golden Products Dodge Daytona, I have one built as well. I do plan on doing some Daytona's for MT/XT cars soon.

Porterville is an interesting place for racers, besides Dick we have Dave Bebee, who was a funny car champion in the 60's. Bebee was one of the drivers focued on in the movie "Funny Car Summer", and is still very active as a fuel dragster owner. He sells cars and runs a U-Haul dealership there.

1 - 14 of 14 Posts