Hobbyist Forums banner

3881 - 3895 of 3895 Posts

·
Turning Left
323 Posts
Madmax.... Glad to have Ya onboard! Also like that confidence! Break that motor in at the test and tune.... It won't take long. Your gonna love these cars!

·
Registered
14 Posts
I can't wait. I have to still put some parts on the car and paint it, but arrived today. I do pics later, Freddie said not yet on the chassis. Probably need a couple of sets of rubber.

·
Registered
14 Posts
I can't wait. I have to still put some parts on the car and paint it, but arrived today. I do pics later, Freddie said not yet on the chassis. Probably need a couple of sets of rubber.
Got the parts f'd the paintwork, so more decals to cover the mess. FYI light coats after the fist coat and let dry before next coat. DUH. was looking pretty good before I layed down the next shot. Servos are in for steering and did some of my tweeks. Need to open the hole for the large servo for the throttle, I have a size 12 foot, LOL. mount battery and radio and tweek. That should be doable by end of month. BTW Do we buy fuel at track?

·
Registered
4,135 Posts
Discussion Starter #3,886
Got the parts f'd the paintwork, so more decals to cover the mess. FYI light coats after the fist coat and let dry before next coat. DUH. was looking pretty good before I layed down the next shot. Servos are in for steering and did some of my tweeks. Need to open the hole for the large servo for the throttle, I have a size 12 foot, LOL. mount battery and radio and tweek. That should be doable by end of month. BTW Do we buy fuel at track?
Welcome Madmax, we do sell fuel at the track.

·
Registered
14 Posts
Think will be running this weekend? have a question on some cross weights. As you saw I was seriously sideways coming out of the corner. I seem to have a lot of weight on the right rear, mostly from the body config. I am almost wanting to softer rf but I was seeing alot of slippage from the lr and reviewing the wear may want to do some thing else. your thoughts.

·
Turning Left
323 Posts
Think will be running this weekend? have a question on some cross weights. As you saw I was seriously sideways coming out of the corner. I seem to have a lot of weight on the right rear, mostly from the body config. I am almost wanting to softer rf but I was seeing alot of slippage from the lr and reviewing the wear may want to do some thing else. your thoughts.
Marc I didn't get to see you make any laps but it sounds like a camber issue maybe. I'm guessing you have a 96 on the RF? Hopefully we can get some play time in Sat but the forecast isn't looking all that good..... Not sure what you have set in the car as far as springs, oil, gear, stagger etc..... So I'd be totally guessing what to change.

·
Registered
14 Posts
Well a lively little tune up. Everyone was giving my spoiler the evil eye. After a lovely dust up into the wall (hello wall!) orders for parts have been placed. Should all be here for this weekend. * If it doesn't rain. I can see why trailers are nice. I may have to snag my moms she used for dog shows (long story).

·
Registered
14 Posts
Marc I didn't get to see you make any laps but it sounds like a camber issue maybe. I'm guessing you have a 96 on the RF? Hopefully we can get some play time in Sat but the forecast isn't looking all that good..... Not sure what you have set in the car as far as springs, oil, gear, stagger etc..... So I'd be totally guessing what to change.
We played more with the rear camber and took a lot of steering out of the radio. I was trying to drive it like a foam tired 1/10 where I used just barely nudge the steering wheel.

·
Turning Left
323 Posts
We played more with the rear camber and took a lot of steering out of the radio. I was trying to drive it like a foam tired 1/10 where I used just barely nudge the steering wheel.
Definatley helped taking a bunch of the steering out.... May try and get a little more out. We'll still play with the camber as the car gets used to your new spoiler!....lol. A bunch of it is just getting the track time in. Whole different ball game from the smaller RC cars. I hate to say it Marc....but I think your headin for the nickname of "Spoiler".... I'm kinda likin it!

·
Registered
14 Posts
So a little package came in today, from BRP, wanna guess what was in it? Yep a nice prebent pair of spoilers, I think I will hang the old one off the drivers stand. "Spoiler" would be a cool nickname, once I start passing you guys. But MadMax has been it for 30 years. Can't let my granddad down, can I?

3881 - 3895 of 3895 Posts