SHORT TRACK SHOOT-OUT
@ DFRCR in Dubuque, IA
January 30th, 2010

CLASSES:

1 Cell 7.5
1 Cell 10.5
1 Cell 13.5 COT*
1 Cell 17.5 Trucks
DIRT CLASS (EDM/LATE MODELS W/ 13.5 MOTORS)
Losi Late Models
Losi Sliders

*money class

Rules follow the BRL rules, including the Speed Controls.

Doors Open at 9:00 AM
Heats Start at 1:00 PM
Open Practice from 9:00AM-10:30AM
Controlled Practice from 10:30AM-12:30PM
Drivers Meeting at 12:45PM

3 Heats, and then the Mains
Top 5 in each class locked into the A-Main
*2 cars/ trucks will bump from each lower main up to the next main.*

Entry Fee is $20.00 for Money Class. $10 goes towards Payout.
Non Money Classes are $10

If there is enough interest in each class, after the mains are all done we can run a 100 lap race for each class.

For more info about the track, or for Directions, check out the DFRCR/ track Website at: http://www.dfrcr.com

ROLL CALL:

1 Cell 13.5 COT
1. Mike Hartman, WI
2. Dan Morgan, IA
3. Jason Van Hise, IL
4. Jim Good, IA
5. Mark Steiner, IA
6. Danny White, IA
7. Hunter Uthe
8. Ken DeGood, IA

1 Cell 10.5 Pro Stock

1 Cell 7.5 Pro Modified

1 Cell 17.5 Trucks
1. Denny Trierweiler, IA
2. Jason Van Hise, IL
3. Branden Post, IA
4. Larry Richey, IA

DIRT CLASS
1. Craig Schmal, IA - Late Model
2. Dan Morgan, IA - EDM (?)/ Late Model (?)

Losi Late Models

Losi Sliders

·
Registered
478 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
The weather forcast for next saturday is:

Jan 30
Partly Cloudy
High of 27°
Low of 16°

So hopefully the roads are in good shape for traveling.

·
Registered
478 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
Short Track Shoot-out Rules

People have been asking me about the rules for the Short Track Shoot-Out, we will be following the BRL rules. To clarify the ground height rule, we will be going with a minimum of 3/16" (.1875") chassis and body. I'm still waiting to hear back from Chuck on the checking procedure of the ride height because certain manufactures have lowered the motor below the bottom pod plate and button head screws are being used more often. I have been told by two BRL racers how it is done, I believe them but I would like to get it in writing from Chuck. I understand that certain items are over looked and we will follow the BRL checking procedure.

As for what and when things will be checked:
1. We will be checking all cars/ trucks before each race.
2. Weight will always be checked (except on Losi cars).
3. There will be spot checks like ground height, roof and hood (COT only) heights, voltage, speed control version checks on Tekins, legal speed controls. If you are not checked for voltage, you may be asked to turn your car on and pull your radio throttle to full for approximately 2 to 3 seconds (except on Losi cars).

If you have any questions on the rules, here is our link to the rules:
http://www.dfrcr.com/rules.htm.

Hope to see you all there.

Until next CARPET update, keep your tires on the fuzz and your lid toward the lights!

Craig Schmal

·
Registered
2,348 Posts
Jason Van Hise for 17.5 truck class. Just put a truck together and want to try it and see how it handles. What kind of roll-out do you run so I don't go over the laps?

·
Registered
478 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
We will be racing tonight. Doors open at 5:00pm. Racing starts at 7:00pm. This will be the last chance to "test and tune" before the Short Track Shoot-Out. Don't miss out.

Until next CARPET update, keep your tires on the fuzz and your lid toward the lights!

Craig Schmal

·
Registered
2,348 Posts
Hey racers isn't anybody coming to this? 4 cars so far for the money class. Hope that there are more people who just haven't signed up.

·
Registered
2,348 Posts
Well if Mark and Danny are running COT the I guess the rest of us are racing for third and lower!!! See ya guess Sat. I think Mark should have a 2 lap penalty, but then I guess he would figure how to run a 67 lap pace then. Jason

·
Registered
1,091 Posts
I'm sure there will be more coming then are signed up, I just figured out where they have been posting for this race - Mark always had it in with the BRL thread before. Anyway I'll see ya Sat. Ken (13.5 COT)

·
Registered
478 Posts
Discussion Starter #13
Jim - it is advertised as 13.5, so we are running 13.5 motors. We ran 10.5's wednesday night just to see the difference.

Craig

·
Registered
478 Posts
Discussion Starter #15
Mike - that is because that Craig guy also has to do inspections - I'll be a little busy on saturday. Maybe I'll have it done and ready to go done at Twin Bridges on sunday.

·
Registered
2,157 Posts
Mike - that is because that Craig guy also has to do inspections - I'll be a little busy on saturday. Maybe I'll have it done and ready to go done at Twin Bridges on sunday.
Oh Craig you will have plenty of time to do both...it is only 16 minutes of the day :thumbsup:

·
Registered
2,348 Posts
Sorry Steiner just kidding, but it is the truth with you and danny running they might as well hand you the cash as soon as you sign up. For who's signed up I don't see anybody that can beat you two. Danny's alittle closer, but you just put everybody 3 laps down again last sunday.

1 - 20 of 25 Posts