Hobbyist Forums banner
1 - 13 of 13 Posts

·
Registered
207 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Has anyone ever taken off the shelf components that they think are the best from each brand and created their version of the ultimate oval car? Let's hear about it.

·
Registered
7,343 Posts
Josh Smith - KGB, I would say was the closest to this...his cars used what appeared to be ALL the best ideas from several other cars and looked really sweet. Not sure what ever happened...but he is running a KSG car last I saw...

·
Registered
2,261 Posts
Burbs had a custom chassis cut and then put all the good parts off of other cars on his chassis.

·
Registered
1,657 Posts
Tried to build a few of them, it always seeled there was a bodypost or a standoff or crossbrace that made it impossible to build the car right without being hack. The new cars are so good no need to anymore. I have been very happy with the design of the RIP car, parts availability could be better, but I like the car. I also drive a Hyperdrive 700 slider that I really like better than the pro-3.

·
Registered
4,551 Posts
Pretyy much any new car that comes out uses what they think works weel on other cars.. Remeber you can only do so much with an ae suspension, a solid axle and flat grafite.. There hasnt been a revolution in pan cars since the introduction to the slider car,,

·
Registered
2,152 Posts
You are basically right about “not much you can do” and the slider was a big change. I do think that KSG made another big move with their shock mounting system and now with the way they adjust the front end position.

Hyperdrive made a small change yet it is very effective with their adjustable center shock mount.

·
Registered
4,551 Posts
Both front end position and shock mounting have been around since the dawn of rc.. Companies have just brought along cooler or diff ways of acheiving the same thing..

The offset t plate is a easier way of moving the tplat weight, but you can achieve the same thing by moving the front end over to the right..

·
Registered
1,557 Posts
Pretyy much any new car that comes out uses what they think works weel on other cars.. Remeber you can only do so much with an ae suspension, a solid axle and flat grafite.. There hasnt been a revolution in pan cars since the introduction to the slider car,,
You are right about that Burbs. I have seen a molded pan car chassis that looked really COOL!!! But still basically the same.

·
Registered
334 Posts
My velodrome car! I built the original in 1998 named "Frank". I built it specifically for Domiguez Hills... After a few adjustments, I won the 2000 Winterfest and set the track record in stock. Now, Frank has morphed into the Encino Drome car. I developed the pushrod front end about 5+ years ago and after many generations, its on Frank. The last time I ran that car, I qualified second. After years of morphing, it's still a good car.

·
Registered
436 Posts
charger01 said:
Has anyone ever taken off the shelf components that they think are the best from each brand and created their version of the ultimate oval car? Let's hear about it.
Check my gallery. a 1/10 and a 1/12

1 - 13 of 13 Posts