Hobbyist Forums banner

1 - 20 of 26 Posts

·
Registered
4,917 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I know its going to be small, but being that it is getting closer I wanted to say something again...Saturday, October 7th, I believe was the day we decided on. I dont know if I will have internet access form my hotel or not yet, I will find out tomorrow.

Just wanted to confirm again...I leave town in just over a week, just let me know when and where we should meet and I'll be there

·
Registered
4,781 Posts
Yes, I believe the date was agreed upon, 7 Oct 2006.
its just where and what time that needs to be narrowed down.
I'll be there.
Just need to agree upon a pace that is convenient for all.
A diecast shop, a hobby shop, or something.
But I know we chose Saturday, October 7 for sure.
Looking forward to this, a regular Midwest Fest.

·
Registered
1,439 Posts
We should call it Rocky Mountain Fest!
Saturday October 7th was the best date for everyone based on the last series of messages.
As for a time, the Diecast shop I mentioned stays open until 6:00pm on Saturday.
Chuck, we decided you should determine what time since you're driving in from out of town. I'll pm you guys my phone number so we can communicate any last minute changes if they're needed.
As for where to meet, something just off of I-25 closest to the hobby shop was what I was thinking would be good. Any other suggestions?

·
Registered
4,781 Posts
GO-GTO said:
We should call it Rocky Mountain Fest!
Saturday October 7th was the best date for everyone based on the last series of messages.
As for a time, the Diecast shop I mentioned stays open until 6:00pm on Saturday.
Chuck, we decided you should determine what time since you're driving in from out of town. I'll pm you guys my phone number so we can communicate any last minute changes if they're needed.
As for where to meet, something just off of I-25 closest to the hobby shop was what I was thinking would be good. Any other suggestions?
I say High Noon (12 p.m.). thats a good, western time.
and it really doesnt matter where we meet at. I just need a place.
right off I-25 is great. I will probably come down on the 6th, and hang around town. Kurt (camarokid67) has a ways to drive too.

·
Registered
124 Posts
Hey Chuck, Give me a call or e-mail me more about this. How many people, any backing by RC2........ I may cheat and fly if there is enough going on.

Thanks, Kurt

·
Banned
10,696 Posts
To anyone who has never had the chance to meet other HT members that they've gotten to know on the board, let me just say: Do it if you have the chance! It's always more fun than you can imagine! :thumbsup:

·
Registered
4,917 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
I found out I am stayiong at the Comfort Inn on Quebec st. and I will have internet access from my room, so I should be able to keep up on the board. I dont know exactly where anything is, but I'll prolly explore a bunch, so hopefully by saturday i'll know the roads at least a little

·
Registered
1,439 Posts
camarokid67 said:
Hey Chuck, Give me a call or e-mail me more about this. How many people, any backing by RC2........ I may cheat and fly if there is enough going on. Thanks, Kurt
I guess you would technically call this an informal gathering of HT members close to the Rocky mountian area. I thought the term "Rocky Mountain Fest" sounded more fun, :) but there is no RC2 connection other than the cars we bring for trade or for show and tell. It appears that at this point there will be as many attendees as there are members in the region being that Eyecandy is flying in from another region.

I plan to bring for show and tell 3 different prototype boardgames I've designed that use JL cars(and other 1/64 scale) for the game pieces. There are themes of tournament drag racing at a specially designed drag strip with an advanced feature for 'bracket racing'. There's also checkpoint rally racing game and another game for cruisin' and "pink slip" drag racing down the highway. :thumbsup:

·
Registered
4,781 Posts
I plan to bring one of my Hobbytalk Anniversary (Thanks Bobby!) cars to get autographs from all who attend.
Since those stuck up girls Mary Ann and Ginger never even stopped in the Mountain Time Zone.
Then I will post some digital pictures of the gaggle of people who show up too.
probably will bring a trade box with some goodies in it.
Rocky Mountain fest is quite an appropriate name too.

·
Registered
1,439 Posts
CJTORINO said:
I say High Noon (12 p.m.). thats a good, western time.
and it really doesnt matter where we meet at. I just need a place.
right off I-25 is great. I will probably come down on the 6th, and hang around town. Kurt (camarokid67) has a ways to drive too.
High noon sounds ok to me! I'm gonna have to practice my draw if we're meeting in the middle of 'dust bitten' main street.

So, should we do food first and then cruise over to the die cast shop?
The shop is off of 84th street. There is an I-25 exit at 84th.

·
Registered
4,781 Posts
GO-GTO said:
High noon sounds ok to me! I'm gonna have to practice my draw if we're meeting in the middle of 'dust bitten' main street.

So, should we do food first and then cruise over to the die cast shop?
The shop is off of 84th street. There is an I-25 exit at 84th.
84th and I-25 is a good, easy spot to meet up.
I say we go after diecast first, then we eat.
You just have to have the right priority!

·
Registered
1,439 Posts
CJTORINO said:
84th and I-25 is a good, easy spot to meet up.
I say we go after diecast first, then we eat.
You just have to have the right priority!
Thanks for reminding me to get my priorities straight!

An easy to identify landmark at I-25 and 84th is the big "Ultimate Electronics" sign just off of the NW corner of the exit. (It used to be 'SoundTrack')
That should makes things easier to meet near that sign or near the entrance of Ultimate Electronics since I'm not sure if the sign is actually accessible from the road.

·
Registered
1,439 Posts
I just found out there's a diecast swap meet on Saturday 10/7 up north of Denver in Loveland, CO. :wave: If anyone want to make a short road trip LMK and I'll get more details. I do know it starts a 9:00 am.

·
Registered
4,917 Posts
Discussion Starter #16
OOOOO!!!!! I'm very up for it!!! Let me know where/when and I'll be there!!! Always up for taking advantage of company paid fuel and unlimited mileage on Rental!

·
Registered
4,781 Posts
I'll be in Denver on October 6th, and will stay around thru the seventh.
will be hunting for diecast, all that stuff.
Looking forward to meeting other hobbytalk members.

·
Registered
1,439 Posts
Here's the final revised plans for "Rocky Mountain Fest". :hat:
Listed are the Diecast hunting/trading festivities, other details like food and etc TBD. Chuch voted for dining at the White Fence Farm which sounds good to me! :thumbsup:

Meet 8:00 am Saturday morning 7/10/06 in sw corner park-n-ride by I-25 and Highway 7.
Car pool northward on I-25 to exit #259 for the 9:00 am Diecast swap near Loveland/Longmont, CO.
Cruise back south, pick up cars and head for Diecast store in North Denver.

1 - 20 of 26 Posts