Hobbyist Forums banner

1 - 20 of 143 Posts

·
Registered
687 Posts
Discussion Starter #1 (Edited)
Oval racing is making a come back in Denver Colorado.

The new location for CORRC has a carpet track of 44 x 96 which the on road club has made availble the last friday of each month for oval racing. This will give some of us who travel for the BRL races, Snowbirds and other events a place to run on a larger track. Weekley races at the E-Plex in Fort Collins should benifit from this as well.

See attached flyer for information. :thumbsup:

If your in the area, the track will be open around 10:00am and racing starts at 6:30pm. 3 heats and single main format.

Post here or pm for more information.:wave:

www.CORRC.org for pictures

·
Registered
687 Posts
Discussion Starter #2
Meeting this evening on the track set up, race time and class info.

If the 7.5 / 1 cell is too fast for the 17.5/2cell or 19 turn 4 cell, it will be moved to its own class.

Lanes are going to be 12' on the straights and 16' on the ends. Track is 42" x 96'

With running once a month we will run three heats and then the mains. 1st run at 6:30, 2nd at 7:30, 3rd at 8:30 and mains at 9:30.

Track will be open at 10:00 and track up by 11:00. Open for practice until race time. With paid entry, practice is free!!!

This should be a great time!!:)

·
Registered
687 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
Depending on what you want to spend there are several options. For our two day on road race last year, I stayed less than a mile away for $56/night. With in the same distance there are several business hotels that were $120/night.

Major cross streets would be 6th & Simms or Kipling and Colfax for a search.

·
Registered
517 Posts
Thank you for the info. What tire treatment do you allow? Do you have an idea as to how many guys will race the 17.5 2 cell class? Thanks

·
Registered
687 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
Thank you for the info. What tire treatment do you allow? Do you have an idea as to how many guys will race the 17.5 2 cell class? Thanks
Track is a Jack only for treatment.

17.5 / 2 cell is normally one of our largest groups on the track in Ft. Collins. If you come into town, you could run in Denver on Friday, and the track in Fort Collins, 60 miles north (where I live) runs Saturday night. 126' line and 3.1 - 3.2 sec laps for 17.5. So if you came in on Thursday, you could run two days and then go back home.

PM me if you need more info.

·
Registered
168 Posts
yahoo :woohoo::woohoo::woohoo::woohoo::woohoo::woohoo:been waiting for this for awhile can't wait thanks to grande10 for this if it was not for mark this would not have happend thanks now we need to get the cars out of storage go play maybe we can get evey friday night if the turn out is good the track is awsome guys and galls so charge those batterys and lets bring oval racing back to stay in denver

·
Registered
687 Posts
Discussion Starter #11
yahoo :woohoo::woohoo::woohoo::woohoo::woohoo::woohoo:been waiting for this for awhile can't wait thanks to grande10 for this if it was not for mark this would not have happend thanks now we need to get the cars out of storage go play maybe we can get evey friday night if the turn out is good the track is awsome guys and galls so charge those batterys and lets bring oval racing back to stay in denver
WHOA BIG FELLA ..... It required a lot of work to get the one day. Lets make these 6 races work out with a great turn out and then we can work on the club for more dates!!!!!

Maybe, come play in Fort Collins at the E-Plex 1 Saturday in between. Good Times to be had!! Plus they have the best stocked RC store in the state at this time for carpet racing!!!

·
Registered
687 Posts
Discussion Starter #13
I'll be there around noon, as I have two new cars to shake down. Your new NITRO ride is boxed and will be in the Stealth Van.

·
Registered
517 Posts
Sorry, I don't know what "jack only track" means. Please explain. Do I need to bring my own pit table. Thanks for your time.

·
Registered
687 Posts
Discussion Starter #15
Sorry, I don't know what "jack only track" means. Please explain. Do I need to bring my own pit table. Thanks for your time.
Corally Jack the Gripper is the only traction compound you can use. It's oderless and works pretty well once you get used to it.

We have pit tables, but if you toss it in, it might come in handy. Bring a chair and power strip. We have good power to each row of tables, just need to be able to get it to your spot. Our tables are set so we can have 50 racers with 4' x 2' area.

Mark

·
Registered
517 Posts
Mark, again thank you for the info. To bad I can't think of all these questions at the same time. Do you guys have a minimun chassis height on carpet? Are you going to measure car height and weight? If so what are these numbers? Thanks for your time. Saturday sounds like a good idea. I will have to see. Craig

·
Registered
687 Posts
Discussion Starter #17
Yes, we will check ride height, weight and body and wing's as well. I need to confirm on the ride height and get back to you. Would follow the TOUR Rules. Satyrday nights are a good time at the E-Plex.

Craig where are coming in from??

Mark

·
Registered
517 Posts
Mark, most carpet tracks have a minimun chassis height 0f 4.5 mm. The tour rules seam to say 4 3/8" roof height and 38 oz. minimum weight. Let me know what you guys decide on. I live in the SLC Utah area and will try to make your race if the weather cooperates. We have been doing a little asphalt oval racing this summer. I sure would like to get back on some carpet again. Craig

1 - 20 of 143 Posts