Hobbyist Forums banner

1 - 20 of 63 Posts

·
Registered
25 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hello...I'm new to customizing and I am starting out by making some demo derby cars. Easy to hide the errors! Anyone have pictures of ones they've done in the past?

·
Registered
5,229 Posts
Welcome aboard! There are a few members here that like to make derby cars & I'm sure they'll post pics. Across the pond they call them "Banger" races, and here's some pics of cars I did for bragging rights contests on another board.

Don't hesitate to show some pics of what you're working on or finished. Everybody here loves to see pics!

·
Premium Member
5,816 Posts
Welcome to HT! :wave:
Hey Dadvball... Love that steaming radiator! I have only made a couple. They are on the crashes post. An after race look.

Any pics of what you are playing with!

·
Premium Member
5,816 Posts
I forgot about the Banger Bug...

Playing with another VW now but for a different kind of race. I was going to try to build a field of derby cars but got side tracked with the junk yard thing. (another great way to hide mistakes).

·
Registered
5,229 Posts
Here's a few more I had fogotten about.

With the exception of the van, all the others were based on real banger race teams and their team colors, but not the cars.

·
Registered
2,534 Posts
Here's some of mine that I've done over this summer.

WIP '57 Ford

Matchbox Ford

Johnny Lightning suicide door Lincoln Continental with a '78 Thunderbird bumper

Yatming Mark V Lincoln

'75 Buick Regal

·
Registered
2,534 Posts
Matchbox '96 Ford Crown Vic w/wedged trunk

'57 Lincoln

I sent a bunch of mine to a friend for him to detail. I did all the base colors, body mods and wheel swaps and he did the other painting including names, numbers, ect. These are all ones that he's helped on.

'73 Caprice roundback wagon

·
Registered
19,875 Posts
No fair, you can't run Imperials!! :tongue:;)
Really nice work on that wedged trunk...it looks 1:1 !!!
Plus I've never heard of such a thing, so I learned something. :thumbsup::thumbsup:

·
Registered
2,534 Posts
Jason, those wheels are from a short lived van series from a company called Planet Toys. They did some 70s Dodge and Chevy vans which were exclusive, at least to my knowledge, at Wal Mart. I bought about ten of them when they were discounted down to a $1 several years ago just for the wheels.

1 - 20 of 63 Posts