Hobbyist Forums banner

1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Registered
118 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I've never used threaded delrin post before. I know this might sound stupid, but how do you space the posts to keep them from stripping out?

·
Registered
364 Posts
I never used them either.How do you cut the top of the post the same angle as the hood or roof?How do you find that angle?

·
Registered
1,882 Posts
Drill The Hole Deeper.... And Use Longer Screws...... Make Sure When You Drill It Out You Use A 4-40 Tap... I Will Usually Bend The Screw Or Break The Post Before I Have One Strip Out....

·
Registered
2,707 Posts
TO cut the posts to fit the angle, I went to Harbor Freight and got a small cutoff saw. electric it has an angle adjustment for the clamp. I think the saw was $29 dollars. I will post the part number tonite when I get home. for the front posts on the THD and CHD I used 15 degrees seems perfect, I think I used 15 degrees for the COT also but don't remember.

·
Premium Member
1,366 Posts
I used my dremel to cut the end on slow speed, then hand drill out and tap to 4-40. Like Doughboy says you cant rush it.

Bill

·
Registered
118 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
Do you have to cut the posts? My cutting line is not the best, so I would rather use spacers. What are used as spacers?

·
Registered
2,707 Posts
Ritchie, thats the one, works great. I cut them to length with the above mention cutoff saw. Don't use spacers.

·
Premium Member
954 Posts
The aluminum ones I have were made at 15*. When I ran the derlin I always put the helicoils in them, top and bottom, never had any problems.

1 - 10 of 10 Posts