Hobbyist Forums banner

1 - 17 of 17 Posts

·
Registered
54 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Ok, here’s the deal. I was looking at my display and saw all of my happy little BTTF time machines and thought to my self “JL really did a great job with this delorean. I wish they had done a stock version of the car” When it hit me. I can make the delorean out of one of my time machines. I quickly went to ebay to buy a replacement for the car that I was just about to sacrifice. As soon as I secured a replacement I went to my kitchen with my delorean in one hand and my dremel in the other. So far I haven’t gone too far. I filed down the front bumber and some other protruding parts. I have a lot of sanding ahead of me but my question is this. Has anyone else done this? I’ve searched the web but I haven’t found anything. I just wonder if anyone else is interested in a JL delorean. Maybe with enough e-mails to Playing Mantis we can get them to do it.

Is there anyone else as nuts as I am? Any advice?

Thanks

·
Registered
12,345 Posts
Welcome aboard. I'm not sure if any of our resident customizing experts have done the project or not. I'd be interested in seeing some of their work, and I wouldn't mind seeing another version of the Delorean. The only problem with it is you couldn't realistically do it in many different colors, it'd have to be the BTTF version, or street version, and that would be it. Of course, I guess the way things are going we could see a Coke, Monopoly, or Spiderman version, so bring it on!

·
Registered
4,105 Posts
What is it about the Delorean that is so freakin cool? It looks like the basic 80s boxy car, but something about it grabs my attention....

·
Registered
8,373 Posts
Kinda on the same path but I've seen someone do all the different BTTF Deloreans....you know, the one with the white walls, the one that flies etc. So actually you could get at least four versions that way. In stock form, towards the end before the "deal" some Deloreans were painted. Perhaps a Classic Gold in the mix done in painted versions?

And as mentioned, Marvel 15, Clue 8, Stick a driver in it named Willy for Willy's 32, HOW, etc etc.

·
Premium Member
8,095 Posts
maybe you were drugged?

pms485 said:
What is it about the Delorean that is so freakin cool? It looks like the basic 80s boxy car, but something about it grabs my attention....

·
Registered
54 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
Who doesn't love the delorean? Maybe it's the gullwing doors. Or the stainless steel. Whatever it is I fell in love at first sight!!!

Thanks for the cool pics. (I have all of these except for the minichamps)

I've also converted the JL to the car with the white walls.

How do I post a picture of it?

·
Registered
9,668 Posts
I'd buy the DeLorean in stock form. And there are other colors out there. They also had a gold DeLorean, and I've seen customs:

http://www.entermyworld.com/custom/index.html

Red, blue, yellow, teal, white, and black can be found in the customs section. Not to mention a monster DeLorean on 44 inch tires.

I'd say it could be worthwhile, considering the Zylmex hasn't been available in roughly two decades.

·
Registered
54 Posts
Discussion Starter #11
That's right Swifty. Zylmex has been the only one to make a 1:64 stock version. Although cool as it may be, JL would do a way bretter job.

Also, I took some pictures of what I have done so far. How do I post them? Do I need an image host? (Maybe I should put a website showing this project thru completion)

·
Registered
670 Posts
I'm also wondering what was so incredibly great about the Delorean? Sure it stared in a trillology of films, but in real life it was incredibly unpowered car and not very safe.

1 - 17 of 17 Posts