Hobbyist Forums banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
920 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
The life of this car was not the most inspiring story - the workers in Belfast & the UK taxpayer got royally shafted, and let's face the car was sh1t. However, "Back to the Future" wouldn't be the same without it :)

:wave:

Steve

·
Registered
2,137 Posts
I agree that the Irish and British have good reason to resent this car. (We in the US are so used to being shafted by such govt/corporate schemes that it has almost become a way of life! :p )

I guess that I should have written that letter to Johnny Z. when I first read about his initial concept - limiting it to one color was one of his two fatal errors, the other of course being V-6 power in a $25,000 car.

Would he have heeded my warnings? ;) I admit that I was one of his admirers (until he went off the deep end) and that I had faith in his automotive savvy, at least in most other basic aspects of his pet project (i.e., styling & gullwings)

Since I grew up loving his GM cars, I still believe that he truly wanted to build a wonderful, desirable car. It's too bad he was pulled off of the scent of that prey by too many compromises and questionable decisions.

I saw parts of Back to the Future last week, and the sound effects guys dubbed in throaty V8 engine noises for the action scenes. Even they knew what would sell and what wouldn't!!

EDIT - I forgot to ask: who makes that model? It looks great and very accurate. Thanks for the post!

·
Registered
1,072 Posts
Not a big fan of DeLorean either, but that is a very nice model. Is it actually made of stainless or am I looking at a very convincing paint job? Thanks again, Steve, for all the great pics :wave:

·
Premium Member
13,377 Posts
Another very nice model from your collection Steve! :thumbsup:

The model does apppear to be made from stainless steel. Who made this model?

·
Registered
920 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
Thanks guys, the DeLorean is yet another of my Minichamps models - and yes they have captured the stainless steel finish very well - even the way it shows finger marks :p

:wave:

Steve

1 - 5 of 5 Posts