Hobbyist Forums banner

Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 20 of 28 Posts

·
Registered
842 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 · (Edited)
The very man who is one of the, if not the person, responsible for the Moebius Skipjack, is banned from this forum. Check out the instructions for the model because Dave Merriman has a big thank you page there. Love him or hate him, he is the man. :thumbsup:

·
Oxidation Genius
31,315 Posts
Just one of those guys who's really smart with the learnin', but not so much with the social skills. :)

·
Registered
3,988 Posts
Merriman banned? I found him rather amusing. But then again, I'm just a sprue fondler and know it, so I fly under his radar. :D

·
Registered
842 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 · (Edited)
I've known Dave for 25 years. He's gruff and demanding, even to his friends. But, to be banned from the Moebius Forum, who's namesake devotes a half page in the instructions of a kit to the guy, is rather IMHO, crazy.

·
Registered
8,132 Posts
I notice half the people banned on HT come back in a week or so. Kind of like when they ban someone on professional wrestling...

·
Banned
1,992 Posts
I notice half the people banned on HT come back in a week or so. Kind of like when they ban someone on professional wrestling...
Not when you send a moderator a profane laced e-mail and post on the board an 'F' bomb laden post,.....that gets you a permanent vacation. Don't get me wrong, I love Dave, ....no one here has the sheer talent he has in his miiddle finger (No pun intended.) Sadly his return won't likely happen.

·
Registered
8,132 Posts
See I have no time for people like that. Talent or skill or whatever is not an excuse for being purposefully abrasive or obnoxious.

·
Registered
842 Posts
Discussion Starter · #11 ·
Not when you send a moderator a profane laced e-mail and post on the board an 'F' bomb laden post,.....that gets you a permanent vacation. Don't get me wrong, I love Dave, ....no one here has the sheer talent he has in his miiddle finger (No pun intended.) Sadly his return won't likely happen.
Well, I'll put it this way. To know Dave is to know how he is. Take him or leave him. He makes people mad sometimes, but so does your wife, husband, kids, friends, etc. We forgave the Germans, Japanese and even Vietnam for God sake. I'm sure a message board could do some forgiving if it had to. But knowing Dave, he wouldn't come back anyway.

·
Registered
5,373 Posts
See I have no time for people like that. Talent or skill or whatever is not an excuse for being purposefully abrasive or obnoxious.
Look at it from Dave's perspective. He gets asked lots of beginner 'skippy' questions about his work, ideas, methods and I'm sure it gets tiresome after a few years of it. getting asked the same 5 questions about the Seaview or some such IS irritating. How can you explain to a beginner about an advanced process, requiring knowledge about lots of other aspects of the process, when they don't have the knowledge, and haven't bothered to look it up for themselves.

·
Registered
842 Posts
Discussion Starter · #13 ·
It does get old when people are too lazy to use the search feature. The correct color for the Seaview has been asked so many times, it's amazing people still answer.

·
Registered
1,589 Posts
Dave is banned from Hobby Talk as a whole, I don't know if it is possible to be banned from individual forums or not. Not that it matters because Moebius has nothing to do with the Moebius forum.

·
Banned
1,992 Posts
No matter, he's in my friends list on my Facebook page. I can message him whenever I want. Great thing about facebook we can talk behind your backs over there and no ones the wiser. LOL!

·
Registered
2,149 Posts
No matter, he's in my friends list on my Facebook page. I can message him whenever I want. Great thing about facebook we can talk behind your backs over there and no ones the wiser. LOL!
Hey, wait a minute here! My ears have been buzzing lately, you been talking about me behind my back?????

What goes around comes around.....so if your ears start buzzing, I'm just sayin'....

HAL9001-

·
Banned
1,992 Posts
I really wouldn't engage in that behavior. LOL. I can't for the life of me figure out why so many folks don't follow Moebius on facebook. If it's for privacy issues, no worries....use your privacy settings and DO NOT USE ANY OF THE APPS and stay away from the games, and you'll be good to go. :thumbsup:

·
Registered
2,389 Posts
I really wouldn't engage in that behavior. LOL. I can't for the life of me figure out why so many folks don't follow Moebius on facebook. If it's for privacy issues, no worries....use your privacy settings and DO NOT USE ANY OF THE APPS and stay away from the games, and you'll be good to go. :thumbsup:
Or just don't put any sesitive info on there. You don't even have to put your real birthday...........they don't verify it! :thumbsup:

·
Registered
842 Posts
Discussion Starter · #19 ·
People who use FB apps and play games there are fools. The apps post annoying things by itself and you never know it.

·
Registered
132 Posts
It does get old when people are too lazy to use the search feature. The correct color for the Seaview has been asked so many times, it's amazing people still answer.
I haven't used the "Search" feature on this particular forum - but on many others - it's frustrating at best - and can be a complete pain... That aside - and not directed to anyone in particular - "you" may have heard a question asked many times - but for that individual - it's new to them. Having longevity on an Internet Forum also means you have an opportunity to help someone - if you choose to - or simply ignore it if you don't.

1 - 20 of 28 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.