Hobbyist Forums banner

1 - 20 of 193 Posts

·
Registered
1,626 Posts
Discussion Starter #1 (Edited)
Fresh in from Japan here's the latest Blade Runner vehicle from Fujimi....

Bodyshell is perfectly moulded and the kit features lots of separate panels to apply to the basic shell making masking and painting of dissimilar colours easier...

The front end features some really fine detail....

The car is rear engined and features a lot of detail in that area....bright chrome and vinyl tubing are included for this....

Wheels are in satin chrome with vinyl tyres and metal axles...

Decals are perfectly printed by Cartograf and feature internal monitors and barcode license plate...

·
Registered
1,626 Posts
Discussion Starter #2
Oddly the etched fret from the Spinner kit is included but there are no references to it in the instructions...

As a bonus the first run of kits includes Deckard's blaster to around 1/4 scale. It might have been nice to have this in 1/24 too...

The Police version is due here any day now. All that's really needed now are some decent figures from the aftermarket....

·
Registered
1,626 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
I looked this kit up on the net and it is a bit expensive for what I am seeing. Is it worth the price?
I think it depends how big a fan of Blade Runner you are. Admittedly the price of Japanese kits has risen sharply due to a number of factors, but I think you basically get what you pay for.

·
Registered
4,821 Posts
Thanks for the preview- I have the Police version on order.
The kits are expensive, but they are styrene and have a good parts break-down. Lots of room for enhancemnt if you wish.

BTW- what is the wire/tubing in the chrome tree bag go to?

·
Registered
2,228 Posts
Thanks for the review. It's the best information about this kit that I've seen. I wasn't going to get it but am now on the fence since it looks much more detailed than I thought it would be.

·
Registered
1,626 Posts
Discussion Starter #11
I am really interested to find out if there are any differences between the two kits besides decals and the replica gun.
The main difference appears to be the lighting bar on the roof...the Deckard version just has a single light mounted on the roof, the police car has three lights on a bar.
The rest of the instructions appear to be identical. Whether there were any differences internally is open to conjecture as the movie only shows Deckard sitting in his car very briefly and, as far as I'm aware, never shows the interior of the police version.
I might add some additional equipment to the police interior to give a little variety.

·
Registered
8,132 Posts
You can also get those kits cheaper by purchasing them overseas versus from a US vendor. It pays to shop around. They can be half the US price buying from Japan or Hong Kong.

·
Registered
4,821 Posts
Dekkard's Sedan wsa described as a grounded version of a Police Spinner. I am thinking of building the Police version in flight mode- not too sure wht changes will be made until I get the kit in my hands but I would like to have some changes. The classic spinner had a lot of things moving around to change modes, perhaps with this having the front wheels move in and covered, some vents deploy, nothing drastic, but it would be a fun way build it.

·
Registered
5,779 Posts
Dekkard's Sedan wsa described as a grounded version of a Police Spinner. I am thinking of building the Police version in flight mode- not too sure wht changes will be made until I get the kit in my hands but I would like to have some changes. The classic spinner had a lot of things moving around to change modes, perhaps with this having the front wheels move in and covered, some vents deploy, nothing drastic, but it would be a fun way build it.
Well, I think you can get a hint if you work backwards from the kit...look at all that stuff hanging from the back, retrofitted (a really big thing with Scott for this film, retrofitting) stuff hanging off what appears to be the engine compartment. Then there's all the visible junk on the hood. So, speculate, on the back there may have been an entire section for the flight rated engine and aerodyne ductwork, up front would have the do-dads for the aerodynamic wheel covers and flight radar stuff. To my mind the flying version of Deckard's car would be quite a bit different, which begs the question: for all the seeming work needed to rip out the flying stuff and make the car street legal, what's the point? It seems much more expensive than just pulling out the police gear from a Crown Vic.

·
Registered
1,626 Posts
Discussion Starter #15 (Edited)
As promised here are some pics of the Police version that arrived on the tail of Deckard's car....

The boxart is superb....

Decals are Cartograf as before but a larger sheet...

Wheels are subtley different from the Deckard version...

The main physical difference is the roof lights...

The assembly instructions are entirely in Japanese so it's important not to miss this step to drill out the holes for the roof lights....

Roof lights are moulded in separate colours with chrome bases...

I suppose the two versions could have been combined as one kit but I guess doing separate ones is better for Fujimi's sales....

·
Registered
1,626 Posts
Discussion Starter #16
Incidentally, the Police version also includes the etched fret of Spinner logos as did Deckard's Sedan.
There's no reference to these in the instructions but I'm wondering if they were evident on the original cars....anybody have any information on this?

·
Registered
3,495 Posts
Incidentally, the Police version also includes the etched fret of Spinner logos as did Deckard's Sedan.
There's no reference to these in the instructions but I'm wondering if they were evident on the original cars....anybody have any information on this?
Suppose they are for the inevitable base display? By the way, thanks for posting this. it looks like a killer kit.

Was the gun finished?

·
Registered
1,626 Posts
Discussion Starter #20
One omission by Fujimi are the five black lines that run down the front pillar alongside the windshield...

Oddly they appear on the boxart but not on the decal sheet. I was thinking they might be vents but Deckard's sedan doesn't have them...

Should be easy enough to mock some up but a little disappointing...

1 - 20 of 193 Posts