Hobbyist Forums banner

1 - 18 of 18 Posts

·
Registered
131 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Just looking to see if anyone knows of a Company still making Nascar Decals for our Oval Cars????? I heard Slixx isn't making them anymore????
James

·
Registered
827 Posts
It was a sad day for sure...

When Slixx decided to give up on producing Nascar related decals for RC cars. For those of us who are visually oriented, and like to see our race cars detailed to look like race cars, the future looks bleak.

I think Slixx has been in the scale decal business for 30 some years and had more contacts and ability to get the job done than anybody else could even imagine. Yet the current licensing fees for Nascar brought them to a screeching halt. Unfortunately the scale automotive world just isn't big enough to support those costs. If Slixx couldn't do it, I doubt anyone else will ever be able to again.

We do have a large stockpile of most of the drivers slixx made in stock. No #8, 29, or 38 left. Like those....when they're gone, they're gone.

Thanks

Gary McAllister

McAllister Racing

·
Registered
328 Posts
You can always call Dr. Graphics at 423-323-1315 and ask for Ross or Dale. They have alot ofo different options of how you want to apply the decals and they are of top quality. They can get you anything you want short of breaking any copyright laws at a very fair price. Give them a cal and tell them what you need and they can give you a price. The ship just about anywhere.

Steve Downs

·
Registered
197 Posts
Gary McAllister said:
We do have a large stockpile of most of the drivers slixx made in stock. No #8, 29, or 38 left. Like those....when they're gone, they're gone.

Thanks

Gary McAllister

McAllister Racing
Gary,
I just sent you a PM with requests of decals and bodies that I'd like to purchase!

Thanks for your time :thumbsup:
Tom OBrocto ~ [email protected]

·
Registered
99 Posts
sorry hank lost my mind, and just relized i cant post that here.

·
Registered
651 Posts
Steve Downs said:
You can always call Dr. Graphics at 423-323-1315 and ask for Ross or Dale. They have alot ofo different options of how you want to apply the decals and they are of top quality. They can get you anything you want short of breaking any copyright laws at a very fair price. Give them a cal and tell them what you need and they can give you a price. The ship just about anywhere.

Steve Downs
do you have the CORRECT number? I just called and woke some woman up out of bed..LOL!,,please contact me, I have a commercial job for them.

Attachments

·
Registered
651 Posts
Thank you..the first one was kinda embarasing..think the woman was out all last night, was not happy to hear me asking for DR GRAFFIX....LOL!
OH WELL..No BLOOD...NO FOUL!...This number worked fine, and I got the ball rolling..Thanks agan

·
Registered
328 Posts
I'm sorry about that a little dyslexic apparently. Right #'s wrong order. Maybe I'll call the wrong # and apologize to her as well, Then again maybe not.

·
Registered
651 Posts
NONE, my own company Logo. Howler, Please shoot me an email. I need this done, You come highly recomended by one of the drivers I sponsor, (Burbs). Please get with me asap. I need sponsor decals badly. I have wrote, and called to several,garffix companies, but they are either too busy, or too lazy to take my money.
please leave me some kind of phone number and time to call, i would give you mine, but I'm often on the road, and cant be reached.
Thanks

·
Registered
356 Posts
HI Doug, I'd be happy to see what I can do for you. I can be reached at 1-800-234-3664 - ext 335. I do this as a side thing, but take pride in it non-the-less. I'd be happy to try and help you out. I'm usually in from 9 am to 5:30pm I will be off this thursday.

·
Premium Member
1,891 Posts
There are 2 major problems why Slixx no longer makes the 1/10 Nascar decals
1. Nascar and the sponsors got too greedy about 10-15% of the cost went to them
2. Not enough were sold because oval tracks around the country didn't enforce a "stock car look" for oval cars. I've gone to many races and cars had nothing ( decals) on them not even numbers.

·
Registered
651 Posts
Howler said:
HI Doug, I'd be happy to see what I can do for you. I can be reached at 1-800-234-3664 - ext 335. I do this as a side thing, but take pride in it non-the-less. I'd be happy to try and help you out. I'm usually in from 9 am to 5:30pm I will be off this thursday.
rays! I wish I had checked my email earlier. Ok I'll call you firday.....for sure, If you see this before ,then you can get some ideas from my site @ http://www.baldwinracing.safeshopper.com

1 - 18 of 18 Posts