Hobbyist Forums banner

1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter #1 (Edited)
Eurofighter Typhoon - Build Progress (Pictures Soon)

Hi all, great forum, I just started building a Eurofighter, I got the cockpit painted, but I can't seem to apply the decals, I soak them for 30 seconds, then transfer them to the appropriate spot - alas! they dont stick. Any suggestions?

·
Registered
1,334 Posts
Who's kit? You may have to contact the manufacturer to get a new set? What have you done for preparation for the decals? What process are you using? Have you tried soaking it for only 5-10 seconds?

·
Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
I tried soaking for 10-15 seconds, the kit its Revell's and I take the decal out of water (with backing attached) then slide it over my the designated area, but I finished the cockpit now by blowdrying them straight away with hot air - that seems to work - but I rather have a different method when it comes to doing the bigger ones. I will try get some pictures up of my progress also :)

·
Oxidation Genius
31,282 Posts
Decals really only stick well to a clean, smooth surface. They often don't stick to bare plastic or matte paint.

I always prepare any surface that gets a decal by coating it liberally with future Floor Polish. Gives it a nice smooth acrylic surface. Then of course toy should use micro-Sol, Solvaset, or another coat of Future to melt the decal down into any grooves or details.

1 - 4 of 4 Posts