Hobbyist Forums banner
  • If you've ever been interested in the history of Zee Toys or Maisto over the course of the 80s, 90s and into the modern day, you should come over to the Hobbytalk Ask Me Anything with Chepp going live on Tuesday, September 21st and running until Thursday, September 23rd. Don't miss out! You can ask your questions here!
1 - 1 of 1 Posts

·
Registered
91 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 · (Edited)
I'm at the point of my build that next step is the clear coat but I don't want to let go of the multi sheen paint job.

If the decals are applied to a glossy lacquer based finish with micro set and micro sol.......is it essential to clear coat over it ? Will the decals eventually just fall off? Their will be minimal handling of the model. I read a few thread on cs.finescale.com that decals applied to Alclad lacquer paints don't require any clear coat on top. The paint I used is not Alclad but Polytranspar and is all lacquer based.

If I have to clear coat I will cover all the detail paint colors which is currently a matte/flat finish and if they can't be covered up easily I will go back and spray them with a matt/flat clear

Thanks

1 - 1 of 1 Posts