Hobbyist Forums banner

1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
19 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I'm just finishing up my 1/12 Atomic City Mercury. I finished applying the decals and spent most of an evening popping bubbles and applying additional microsol. I thought I got them all but I just sprayed on my dullcote and some more showed up in the clear areas (it's heck getting older and having early cataracts). My question is can I still pop the bubbles and apply more microsol even after the Dullcote application? I've never tried that particular procedure before. Any advice will be most appreciated.
Thanks,
Mike

·
Registered
741 Posts
If the dullcoat was lacquer based, you might still get results with more micro-sol. Brush it on, and maybe try gently burnishing down the bad spots on the decals. Decal carrier film is lacquer already and Micro-Sol works on softening the lacquer film.

Worst case is nothing happens at all.

·
Registered
19 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Just to let you all know how this turned out, the Microsol worked just fine on the Dullcoted decals. You have to be a little more careful that usual, the bubble areas are a little more brittle than normal but the result turned out just fine. Sigma 7 looks just great on my display shelf (with the full escape tower) on the base from Gerath Designs.

Thanks for the input.
Mike

1 - 3 of 3 Posts