Hobbyist Forums banner

1 - 12 of 12 Posts

·
Registered
9 Posts
Discussion Starter #1 (Edited)
Hey Guys,

A little bit about myself.

My name is Scott DeBoer and I have been building models for a couple years now. I am a full time web developer during the day, but model builder at night. Dennis DeBoer is my dad and the owner of DeBoer Hulls / Northstar Models - having learned a lot from over the years growing up watching him build models. As of lately I have been diving into the Arduino Electronics, and prototyping model lighting kits.

Having built a handful of models for my clients, I would like to document the 4 window version of the concept II model kit. I will be posting weekly images of the 4 window version.

The couple pictures below are previous models built for my clients.Pictures of the 4 window version will be coming soon.

Scott

·
Premium Member
2,614 Posts
Hey Guys,

A little bit about myself.

My name is Scott DeBoer and I have been building models for a couple years now. I am a full time web developer during the day, but model builder at night. Dennis DeBoer is my dad and the owner of DeBoer Hulls / Northstar Models - having learned a lot from over the years growing up watching him build models. As of lately I have been diving into the Arduino Electronics, and prototyping model lighting kits.

Scott
Love your work and the updated look of the Seaview......:thumbsup::thumbsup::thumbsup:

I also use Arduino in my builds, my B-9 build has two "Pro-Mini" boards handling some of the chest lighting and "torso motor/power pack" effect, Arduino is so much fun and you can keep the footprint small.... I look forward
to you future posts.....

·
Registered
811 Posts
Arduino is cool! :)

Those look like LCD screens in the windows. That's a good way to make scenery changes inside the model and give it some life.

·
Cautiously Optimistic
5,017 Posts
Welcome, Scott. Many of us are no doubt familiar with your dad's work. Having seen an unbuilt Concept 2 kit in person I can testify to its quality (and what a cool-looking upgrade to the design)!

I look forward to your update posts.

·
Registered
9 Posts
Discussion Starter #11 (Edited)
Hey Guys,

Thanks for the kind words. All the holes have been drilled out and started assembly of parts on the Concept II 4 window. The customer wanted the interior kit, so I am making modifications to the 8 window version interior. The interior shelf was made out of fiberglass as shown in the pictures. Tail fins have been lined up and epoxied in. I will be working on the magnet system to allow the user to attach both hulls together.

1 - 12 of 12 Posts