Hobbyist Forums banner

1 - 11 of 11 Posts

·
Registered
3,453 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I was wondering if anyone has any information about the studio models of both D.S.-1 and D.S.-2.

My primary question about D.S.-1 (SW:ANH) is wether it is truely round or is it wider around the middle than it is tall. In some shots, it looks as though its not really round.

Second question is were both or either Death Star models build upon existing sphere materials that were/or still are available.

Third question is what are the diameters of each Death Star model.

Thanks.

·
Registered
741 Posts
I've noticed that my HDTV is not entirely calibrated for proper geometry. Most round shapes look stretched vertically. Other TV's have a horizontal bias. It could be something like that. Or, the model could be not perfectly spherical.

·
Registered
2,836 Posts
I think the general concensus on the prop forums is that it is slightly oblate, or squished, to to bottom, being wider in the middle. Although it's never been confirmed.

·
Banned
4,339 Posts
Chief Bast said:
Here's a bit of information that might help you on the DS 1:

DEATH STAR

And quite an amazing story behind the find, I must say. :)

That is a cool story!! Amazing Lucas let this slip by. Probably because he didn't think Star Wars would be such a Huge hit.Although he did somehow manage to keep the 5' Falcon etc...

High Regards.

·
Cautiously Optimistic
5,017 Posts
As recently as last September the miniature seen via the link above was on display at The Museum of Science Fiction in Seattle.

·
Registered
3,334 Posts
The model is on display at the Science Fiction Museum in Seattle. Here are some photos.

It looks to me to be spherical.

1 - 11 of 11 Posts