1 - 20 of 36 Posts

·
Banned
382 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Not sure where to start..

Plain and simple.. I give up..

I have sold 90% of my j/l collection..

I will NO longer buy any of your product..

Cant see spending 2.99--4.99 for another repaint..
Same old castings.. Or stupid new ones.. How many times are you
going to repaint the corvettes, camaros, mustangs...

Too me it looks like your turning what was a great
diecast company into another mattel.. Greed and nothing
else.....

The quality of the cars has gone way down.. Seems its hard
to find a clean car.. Almost all of them have some form
of factory oops..........

Cant find wl's any more.. Stockers take them or vendors..
Regular series dont make it to target any more.. Walmart
Hobby Lobby only carry the regular ones and they are all
a waste of time.... Internet vendors only sell the regular on their sites.. Then post the wl's on ebay...... under fake names..
so they wont get caught..

So after 8-years of buying your product.. I have given up
sold off most of my collection.. Which by the way try getting
your 2.99 back or regular issues.. It doesnt happen.. your lucky to get 1.00-2.00..

Just remember GREED KILLED BASEBALL/FOOTBALL CARDS..
And its killing 1/64 diecast cars......

one less j/l collector

:cry:

·
Registered
2,179 Posts
Got it! :thumbsup:

Merry Christmas and have a safe New Years

·
Registered
527 Posts
FunnycarNut said:
Just remember GREED KILLED BASEBALL/FOOTBALL CARDS..
And its killing 1/64 diecast cars......

one less j/l collector

:cry:
You mite like the new series coming out in 2003 I forget what it called but they are detailed they even have painted bases.

Baseball cards havent been killed they've just been saturated with Game Used and Autographed cards and Serial Numbered cards.They still bring in $$$I still collect them I have since 94 and will until I dont know when Ill quit.

·
Registered
3,678 Posts
The longest goodbye I ever seen...

Hi Jason,
Though I agree with some of your complaints here (esp the overpriced repaints), why do you continue to drag out your quiting diecast?
How long has it actually been that you have stopped collecting diecast now?
Seems like quite a while now (at least 6 months) since you made it
clear (on this BB) how you are tired of all the games etc (seems you got burned on a bogus WL deal if I recall), yet you must have posted your angst and displeasure regarding diecast here at least 10 times now (trying to dump these toys; don't you re-sell at the shows anymore?), angry because you are unable recoup your money and then some etc etc). How many times have I read this here now?
And then a personal letter (here!!) to Tom Lowe regarding how pissed off you are posted here (an actual written letter to PM might fare better rather than whining here about it).
Are you really, seriously going to quit collecting (forever, if so good luck in your next money making venture), or are you really expecting your complaints will actually be addressed (and that you will get your mother lode well deserved WL's)?
Adios.:wave:

PS. Word has it that (now) old movies on Beta format are the "in" collectable now.

·
Registered
4,530 Posts
Yes, Playing Mantis does some things that really aggravate me, too, but I just take the good with the bad and go on. I also do not understand why frustrated collectors come on here to "vent" such negativity towards Playing Mantis/Wal-Mart/Toys'R'Us, etc. Nothing's going to change and all it accomplishes is getting other people in an uproar. If you don't enjoy the hobby anymore, then get out of it, but it's probably no different anywhere else. And if dollar signs are all you see in this hobby, then you're really in for disappointment. Real Estate is a fairly good investment, depending on where you buy, and that's about it today.

·
Silent but Deadly
4,359 Posts
Re: Re: Dear PM/JL--Tom

stewartrules20 said:
You mite like the new series coming out in 2003 I forget what it called but they are detailed they even have painted bases.
That'll be that new Gold Series..... I can't wait! Detailed chassis, flocked interiors, gonna be nice, and just what I'm looking for in a diecast. I already have the first two sets on preorder, might start thinkin' 'bout the third....

To me, it's still "buy what you like", and enjoy your collection.

:)

·
Registered
1,396 Posts
Funnycarnut, it seems...

to me your complaints aren't as much with PM (other than the repaints) as it is with the seller and venders of PM's products so I'm not sure what you are looing for. If you don't want to buy them don't. If your puchases were that much of a gain for PM they would get you involved in everything they do. Since I doubt they are just go away already, not everything has to be so negative. Even though PM is using the same bodies for the t-jets I'm buying as many as I can and hope they continue to make plans for more and better ones. :thumbsup:

·
Registered
4,370 Posts
Dude,
Buy what you like! Otherwise shut the hell up and go collect pop bottles, I mean cans! How many times have you quit? I believe you are into this for the wrong reason, So get out!

·
Registered
992 Posts
As my Daddy always said "So leave already and don't let the door hit you on the way out.. Better yet Let the door hit you"

Dave

·
Registered
4,370 Posts
Re: The longest goodbye I ever seen...

modsquad said:
PS. Word has it that (now) old movies on Beta format are the "in" collectable now.
That figures! I used my old baseball cards to light the fire when I got rid of my old BETA Movies! I even had ROOTS and some old Linda Lovelace movies in that collection!:(

·
Premium Member
8,297 Posts
hoosier-lightning said:
Dude,
Buy what you like! Otherwise shut the hell up and go collect pop bottles, I mean cans! How many times have you quit? I believe you are into this for the wrong reason, So get out!
Ok,bend over and take your spanking for talking like that young man ;)

O

·
0 Posts
Don't read the board enough to remember if this a 6 month I am quitting drama and I do not care. However I feel this point is very valid (might be the only one)

Quote:
The quality of the cars has gone way down.. Seems its hard
to find a clean car.. Almost all of them have some form
of factory oops..........

Seems like all the newer companies like Funline, Jada etc.... are also experiencing the same QC problems sadly the big M is way ahead of everyone in this one respect.

·
Premium Member
8,297 Posts
hoosier-lightning said:
Sorry, Ididn't realize there were Ladies present. But I will take that spanking now!:devil:

PS: Hurry up and sell that other 10%!
:devil:

·
Registered
7,353 Posts
This subject has turned into the dead horse with this guy

Grabmaker was kicked off the board for beating the dead horse so to speak.

This sure sounds like beating the dead horse! again

1 - 20 of 36 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.