Hobbyist Forums banner
  • If you've ever been interested in the history of Zee Toys or Maisto over the course of the 80s, 90s and into the modern day, you should come over to the Hobbytalk Ask Me Anything with Chepp going live on Tuesday, September 21st and running until Thursday, September 23rd. Don't miss out! You can ask your questions here!
1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
6,873 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 · (Edited)
Please stop making your chase vehicles with colored wheels. They look dumb.Clear also looks stupid. I have never seen a 1:1 car with green tires, rims or clear wheels. Greenlight chase diecast look stupid, whereas, the M2 with the gold trim looks awesome. Gold trim will suffice.Leave it at that.Also, please make sure everything is glued together and not flopping around in the package. Please.

·
Registered
1,012 Posts
No offense, but I don't see the the point of colored and clear wheels myself. It's like M2 is preying on the the chase collector's mind set knowing they will buy anything that is perceived as rare.

·
Registered
190 Posts
Please stop making your chase vehicles with colored wheels. They look dumb.Clear also looks stupid. I have never seen a 1:1 car with green tires, rims or clear wheels. Greenlight chase diecast look stupid, whereas, the M2 with the gold trim looks awesome. Gold trim will suffice.Leave it at that.Also, please make sure everything is glued together and not flopping around in the package. Please.
I buy cars that have detailed and realistic appearance.That is why I like M2,JL,AW,RC,Ertl,and some GLs.If I wanted unrealistic toys I would be spending the money on premium brands.There are plenty of $.79 cars on the pegs
For this reason I will not ever have a car with ridiculous tampos,cars without paint,or with colored wheels in my collection. Of course,this is just my personal outlook. i collect small scale models,not little kid's toys. Sorry for ranting,but you guys brought it up.LOL

·
FnF: Fords n Ferraris
7,828 Posts
The M2 chase cars that are black with gold trim are not terribly authentic for a 1:1 car but are probably my favorite chase car color traits.

·
Registered
13,598 Posts
Welcome to my mindset on the subject, guys. I have two M2 chase cars, both looking like standard cars with at least marginally tasteful gold trim (a VW and a '69 GTO). Cars with clear or Technicolor tires etc, I'll buy as trade bait but not for my personal collection. For instance, I had a green-tired Cougar that I got as a part of a package deal that I RAOK'ed to a friend on these boards. I know there are guys out there who like this stuff, but you can't count me among them. I also generally avoid "Raws", "Zamacs", etc, but I make the exception in the case of Auto World offerings, since these cars do manage to look pretty decent.

·
Registered
4,467 Posts
I agree with you guys too ! I dont like colored tires ,wheels , chassis , etc ..

I prefer the M2 Chase in black paint with gold trim , although they did some in all gold paint that was neat .

AW is doing it right at the moment with the Candy Red cars , they are stock looking .

Same with GL when they do the bodies in Green paint , ( a green interior would be an OK extra with green body .. )

1 - 8 of 8 Posts