Hobbyist Forums banner

1 - 20 of 22 Posts

·
Registered
1,774 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I picked up all ten of of these cars for $3.50 at the flea market today.That's thirty-five cents per car,was it worth it???
[/IMG]
[/IMG]
[/IMG]
[/IMG]

·
Registered
2,399 Posts
..Wow..!...good deal for sure..!..nice cars WLRay....the Mustang looks really cool..kinda reminds me of the Johnny Retro series..

·
Registered
916 Posts
Of course I really dig those early PM cars. The ones I like are the box sets of 4, 8 or 10 cars. They display nice and still are fairly affordable (when you can find them). The FAO sets are the best.

·
Registered
981 Posts
Good for you Ray !! You obviously are very happy that you found a good deal. That's what makes this hobby so cool . There are so many sources of 1/64 sized cars and trucks ,that you can always find what fits your style..

There are quite a number of HobbyTalk members that would buy those as well. Most likely because they are early PM.

I personally would pass on these babies ... even if they gave them away. To me ,they don't look anything close to the full scale cars .. no detail... no realism .. nothing that would make me want to pull them out of the package to do some slight modification .. or to just admire for a job-well-done by the people that made sure it was made to look "right".

I don't know ... I'm a bit weird about my hobby .. but that's what turns my crank..
:wave:
Steve

·
Premium Member
13,377 Posts
That's a great deal!

·
Registered
1,774 Posts
Discussion Starter #12
Steves164 said:
I personally would pass on these babies ... even if they gave them away. To me ,they don't look anything close to the full scale cars .. no detail... no realism .. nothing that would make me want to pull them out of the package to do some slight modification .. or to just admire for a job-well-done by the people that made sure it was made to look "right".

:wave:
Steve
:cool:
Open it play with it,I have four grandchildren so far.May not look real but get the track out and have fun.One of the grandkids is staying over for the weekend and I let her pick a car, she got took the purple Lincoln.That JL kicks a$$,may not look real but fast.Collect what you like,but open it after all it's a toy......Remember and have fun.... ;)

·
Registered
7,300 Posts
I think...good deal!

Had an Commerative Custom GTO do very well at some gravity races once

Is there some spark of renewed interest in these?

I have a gaggle of these in a box, but I think most all are white lightnings, and I know there is 1 A bonus and a chrome Toys R Us 4 car set... if anyone is interested

·
Lookout the Mac is Back!!
8,413 Posts
Lpgeoteacher said:
I think it is a great deal PM VWOwner you might make a profit I know he is looking for some of those.
Those are all Commemmoratives Release 2 cars.. Ron is doing the first release... which was also the first Playing Mantis release of any kind.... the release 2 cars came after the first and original release of Muscle Cars USA

·
Premium Member
5,816 Posts
Macs_Little_Car said:
Those are all Commemmoratives Release 2 cars.. Ron is doing the first release... which was also the first Playing Mantis release of any kind.... the release 2 cars came after the first and original release of Muscle Cars USA
Rob... I wish I didnt read this. "The first Playing Mantis release of any kind". I have all of 2 and Muscle Cars USA1. (That is the series with the yellow Mustang and the red GTO on the blisters?). Well, missing a few special cars like Toy Fair and such. I may as well go for the entire set of Commemorative 1 to finish it off. That would be cool to have the first 3 releases. Would also take a lot more wall space. Does anyone know how to find a post that was made a couple years ago that had a printable list of all of this series. I had it before and if I remember right it was 3 pages long. Thats what scared me off back then. Thats a lot of cars! This may take a while.

·
Premium Member
5,816 Posts
Got all A-bonus. FAO and gold and chrome. Loose though. The unpainted still carded.
I'm on a mission!

·
Premium Member
1,596 Posts
I too am on a mission to complete the commemorative sets. I have some extras (most still on the card) if anybody wants to drop me a list of what they are looking for.

1 - 20 of 22 Posts