Hobbyist Forums banner

1 - 20 of 31 Posts

·
Registered
3,404 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
lol you'd think so wouldn't ya, nope thats just my type C personality
I had the customs on the shelve put together in manufaturer.
I only had a couple fords, sorry Plank. :tongue:

·
Registered
3,404 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
Depends how far ya want to go, usually I (some may differ) find the same casting swap bottoms ,hood and engines if needed, its pretty easy, try to find two of the same drill em out (rivets) and just swap, I usually do wheels too, if I can. Giver a shot. :thumbsup:

·
Banned
8,979 Posts
I think some of the best paint schemes have came out in the Zinger series.
So much that it makes sense to "fix" the car right, they sure do come out nice. Great work! I like the adjustment better than the original. :thumbsup:

·
Registered
4,467 Posts
Looks good . Its almost identical to my unzingered 70 Super Bee . I have unzingered several of them ... The 58 Plymouth was a bit difficult to match the red paint on the hood , as it wouldnt look good with a black one . Guess I'll have to take some pictures ...

·
Registered
3,905 Posts
edseldave said:
Looks good . Its almost identical to my unzingered 70 Super Bee . I have unzingered several of them ... The 58 Plymouth was a bit difficult to match the red paint on the hood , as it wouldnt look good with a black one . Guess I'll have to take some pictures ...
too funny after reading this thread i went to TRU got me 2 zinger fury's.looking for the green reg mopar series one to do the de zinger thing!! i want me a christine!!! maybe u can give me a tip on the red so i can do the same and u have to post a pic now :tongue:

·
Registered
4,467 Posts
Here are a couple of my unzingered / unspoilered cars . Couldnt find my lime green 70 Super Bee ! The 58 Fury - if you notice the red hood is darker than the rest of the car . I couldnt match the color ... I tried several things but couldnt get it light enough . You dont add white , because it'll make it pink ! I believe I used a GM bright red on it . Just went through the left over paint at work ( bodyshop ) & picked what was close & tinted it somewhat . Tried several times with test panels & thought I had it , but when sprayed & cleared - its too dark ! I gave up after 2 repaints & 1 strip job .. Its close enough ... Hopefully JL will do a red one or Christine ... The GTO hood was a bit of work to match also , but I got the teal pretty close on it .. I have many more unspoilered & unzingered cars ... Yes - The white '70 is a WL of the yellow '70 . I paid big money for it , too just modify it to what it should be ! ...

·
0 Posts
Nice un-zingering, guys! Those Furys are awesome and that green Shelby looks fantastic.

1 - 20 of 31 Posts