Hobbyist Forums banner

1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Banned
8,047 Posts
Discussion Starter #1 (Edited)
Daytona Turkey Run Car Show 69 Camaro

I had caught some possible info a month or so ago on an event car being the 69 Camaro. This is a huge event (attended in 1999 with my T/A) and is the Thanksgiving weekend. Can any of you people left in Mishawaka shed some light? Is it true? Color/wheels? White Lightnings?

·
Registered
1,871 Posts
I think someone's pulling your feathers, Tom. (Sorry I couldn't leave that one alone.) I've not heard anything about this one...

·
Registered
120 Posts
T/A TOM...My company Sho&Go Productions produces the die cast cars for "Turkey Run" and this years give-away car is a 69 camaro www.turkeyrun.com and was suppose to be a JL produced die cast this year.With all the bad weather in Florida this year and the construction going on at the Daytona International Speedway we decided to not produce a die cast car this year.We try to duplicate the actual "Give Away"car each year and JL had the best available casting in my opinion for the 69 Camaro.The "Turkey Run" program calls for a "Street Rod" to be given away one year...and a restored car to be given away the next year.Hope this answers your question...Thanks...JIM

·
Registered
120 Posts
TA/Tom...You must have talked with RITA....She came to TURKEY RUN last year because her parents live in Florida.I was able to get them some VIP passes and she thought she was the "Queen Bee"...but she actually is!!!Thanks..JIM

·
Registered
120 Posts
Shane...The Racing Champions www.turkeyrun.com car that we produced for that event last year was approved and authorized by "Daytona Beach Street Rods" who is the promoter for "Turkey Run".We have been producing the cars for that event for the last five years.The CODE 3 cars that we have produced (printed and the cards) for events like "Ducktail Run"..."The Rebel Run"..."Cruisin The Coast" etc were approved and authorized by the event Promoters...and approved and authorized by Mattel.Matchbox etc by their legal Departments.The pad print...card print...and anything else involving the production of the product had to be first approved by Mattel,Matchbox etc.I hope this answers your question...it took me several years to be able to reach a point where I could get approval to do these type of promotions.Thanks...JIM

1 - 9 of 9 Posts