Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 20 of 196 Posts

·
Banned
1,963 Posts
Discussion Starter #1 (Edited)
Hello,
This past week I made the deposit for our first run of 10,000 armatures. I hope that this is the tip of the iceberg, and that a year from now we'll have had to reorder multiple times.

We have tooling for metal gears in the works right now also, and samples of those will be here in a few weeks. the gearplate will feature

We now have 2 different styes of pickup shoes. We have some of the best magnets available. The pieces are coming together.

This is a huge undertaking and it's been a long process. Specifically, the armature has been the most challenging piece. It's a non-standard part and it's been difficult to get a solid product. I have literally hundreds of samples and prototypes from at least 4 different sources over the past 3 or 4 years. We finally have a solid part that is well built, consistent and inexpensive.

Our goal is to release our first run of 10,000 T-Jet chassis late this year. We need your help to make this happen.

Right now, I am busy producing Dash 'Customs', which are individually painted cars, not painted at the factory, but by myself. Some of these were listed on ebay in the past month as a test to see how they would be received. We'll have a number of different cars and color schemes available. The cars are the T-Jet and AFX Dash Camaro, the T-Jet and AFX Dash Cobra, the T-Jet 69 Chevelle and possibly some T-Jet Dash 442's.

Between now and the end of November we will need to raise an additional $10,000 to $15,000 over what we have already. We will be offering these Dash Customs for $10/ea, which is a great price and awesome value for a high quality Dash body with a custom paint scheme. Quantity discounts are not available, unfortunately, since the time and materials to make some of these really prevents us from selling them cheaper than $10 (like the Dash Phase III Camaros).

I'll be posting some pics on the Dash website soon and these will go up for sale in a week or so.

I'm going in for hip replacement surgery on Tuesday, so while I'm laid up I'll be able to take lots of pics and get the site ready.

Here's a couple pics I have at the moment from what's around my desk. There is a pile of T-Jet and AFX Cobras and a photo of the rear quarter view of the T-Jet Dash Phase III...

·
Premium Member
2,145 Posts
Joel Rosen,would probably buy a bunch of your phase 3's:wave:

I always had a soft spot for Motions Camaro's and Vega's,nice job on the the bodies:thumbsup:

·
Registered
4,010 Posts
Thank you for the update, Dan!

I am very excited about the new bodies
and chassis that you have coming out. :thumbsup:

I hope your hip replacement goes very well for you, too!

·
Member of Da Band
2,493 Posts
Good news Dan! You got anymore Hot Rod Bodies? :) pig

·
Registered
3,662 Posts
This is Awesome and MOST Welcome NEWS ! :thumbsup: And best of luck with your hip replacement, I know that will be very painful for the first month, but it'll start getting better and less painful in the months that follow.
PS- I'm really looking forward to your NEW Arms and Chassis, so mark me down as a future customers for those :)

·
Premium Member
5,692 Posts
Get healed up and be ready to see some support Dan. :wave:

And I love the idea of some Danny Dash :freak: Customs!!!! I love one off's!!!!

Very very excited to see a chassis too pal. :thumbsup: Gonna be a big seller for sure.

·
Registered
272 Posts
Does HO slot racing cause damage to the hips? I know Frank the Racer is waiting for his hip replacement as well!!

Best of luck with it Dan and I'm looking forward to seeing these cars finally be ready for order. They're definitely eagerly awaited. :thumbsup:

·
Premium Member
1,324 Posts
Hey Dan ,
1st and foremost i wish you the best and hope the surgery goes smoothly for you as well as the rehab after ! Next i look forward to getting some bodies to help the cause out ! I did see some orange in the mix so it's an easy sell to me LOL ! Also i like the new scheme for that paintwork ya did on the Camaro BTW ! Good to see the progress and thanks for the update !

Dennis Rutherford / Bear
:wave:

1 - 20 of 196 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.