Hobbyist Forums banner

1 - 20 of 100 Posts

·
Banned
1,963 Posts
Discussion Starter #1 (Edited)
We are close to production on the Dash Armature.

Please see the attached pictures. There are 14 'pancake' armatures. Twelve of them are original Aurora. Two of them are Dash prototype arms. The Dash arms are not made using old Aurora parts. They are made using all new tooling.

Post here which 2 out of these 14 armatures you think are the Dash arms, and why.:)

I'll post which ones are Dash in a few days.

Dan

·
Premium Member
3,558 Posts
From left to right....

Top row 2nd to last one.

and

Bottom row the very last one.

Could be the lighting, but wire looks almost brown, and the tips are grey. Looks "new" due to that.

nd

·
Registered
382 Posts
Last one first row and second to last second row. I was thinking the last one last row but, after seeing the pic of the com side how the bad solder joint on the one tab is I know you guys make great stuff and wouldnt let that fly or maybe its just a bad pic.
Good Luck with them

·
Premium Member
1,324 Posts
Slot Car General Discussion

I'm thinking it's the other one but if not it's the same one . That's assuming it's the right one which after i rule out the others is the only one left.:freak:

Bear:wave:

·
Premium Member
907 Posts
top row, the middle arm with red tips
middle row, 2nd arm in from the left, the arm with red tips

why?

1: both arms should be identical in color/appearance since they are from the initial production run. both those arms have same color wire and same color stacks

2: in the picture of the bottom of the arms, the solder tabs on the com plate are much more precisely defined. the solder tabs on the other arms look crude in comparison

·
Duke Dave of Sealand
2,879 Posts
I could guess, but that is all it would be...lol..7+9 just for giggles. Neat seeing them thought I take it they are very close to hitting the streets? Good Luck and thanks for doing this, hopefully we'll have chassis now till the trumpet sounds and we all go to the scale 12 mile Max in the sky...

Dave

·
Registered
602 Posts
If we are talking "T-Jet" arms..........
I hope that the green and the red painted ones will be DQd.

Other than that, They ALL look AWSOME!

BTW #2 and #8 ( counting from l to r) are the new ones. Just a guess.

·
Registered
749 Posts
top row, the middle arm with red tips
middle row, 2nd arm in from the left, the arm with red tips

why?

1: both arms should be identical in color/appearance since they are from the initial production run. both those arms have same color wire and same color stacks

2: in the picture of the bottom of the arms, the solder tabs on the com plate are much more precisely defined. the solder tabs on the other arms look crude in comparison
Nowhere does he say they are both "from the initial production run" so they can be any color/style.
He just says they are Prototypes.

Just sayin
Thanks,
Keith

·
Banned
1,963 Posts
Discussion Starter #14
exactly what Keith said... These are preproduction prototypes

·
Banned
1,963 Posts
Discussion Starter #15
Are they going to be FRAY legal?
let me answer that with a question. If out of a picture of 14 armatures, people can't pick out the Dash arms from the original Aurora arms, how are they going to be teched out of a race, assuming that they meet all the other criteria?

·
LED Burner Outer
11,710 Posts
I don't know the original stuff well enough to spot the new ones. I'm just happy a new chassis is getting close to another foward step! The arm and mags are much welcome as stand alone items too. Not to jump the gun here, but this could prove to be interesting... Manufacturing arms gives the ability to tweak resistance values down the road, making the possibility of hotter arms an option for the racing types, and cooler ohms arms for the cruiser type. Keep up the great work Dan!!! :woohoo:

1 - 20 of 100 Posts