Hobbyist Forums banner

1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
142 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I have a new video for your viewing pleasure.

This project was a conversion from a Hasbro toy of Darth Vader's Tie Advanced x1 to a studio replica display model. It was commissioned by a past client that was putting together a rather large diorama. I tried my best to get as close to the studio model as possible, I also included lights in all four engines and inside the cockpit, along with a Darth Vader action figure. I know it's not perfect, but my client loved it, and that's what counts.

Let me know what you think, and thanks for watching.

·
Registered
1,295 Posts
Hell, that looks pretty great to me!! The best thing with toys is the size compared to most of what we get with models! HUGE! Nice detailing work!

My son has that massive personal ship of Amadala's under his bed still. It's just incredible in size! I've been rooting in the attic for the rest of his Star Wars toys too! LOL. Keep up the good work! Love the video!

·
Registered
142 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
Hell, that looks pretty great to me!! The best thing with toys is the size compared to most of what we get with models! HUGE! Nice detailing work!

My son has that massive personal ship of Amadala's under his bed still. It's just incredible in size! I've been rooting in the attic for the rest of his Star Wars toys too! LOL. Keep up the good work! Love the video!
Thank you very much.

The only thing that I didn't like with working on that ship, was that the plastic isn't quite as good as the plastic used to make regular models that we are all accustomed working with. It likes to melt when using a roto-tool or even drilling into it.

Again, thank you for the kind words. :)

1 - 8 of 8 Posts