Hobbyist Forums banner

1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
1,296 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hi fellows,

at the weekend of August 18 and 19 2012 the "SpaceDays 2012" took place, Europes largest Science Fiction modelling exhibition.

Beside from countless amazing models there was a special event I want to show you here: For the second time "Starship Modeler" sponsored our german variant of the famous IRON MODELER!

Pictures can be seen in the link at the bottom, but let me say some words about it first:

The rules are a bit different to the original IM: The teams will have only 90 minutes to build the model to the given theme, which was "ARMAGEDON" this year. The building area was the center stage of the exhibition hall, so that the visitors of the SpadeDays could see the modelers while they were building. AND one very special feature was added by the weather gods this year: it was the hottest weekend of 2012 in Germany, with temperatures up to 40 degree Celsius (104 degree F). Add the heat of the lights of the stage, and you will agree that those guys are real IRON MODELERS! :D

Enough words for now, here are the pictures. Oh, I am the guy in the lit "Tony Stark" T-shirt. Can you find me? :8)

http://www.flickr.com/photos/starcadet/sets/72157631241845670/with/7859280316/

·
Registered
2,149 Posts
Marco, I live in the US and just can't picture it EVER being 104 degrees in Deutschland! I had no idea it got that hot there. From the way some of the folks were sweating, no doubt it was very hot.

Still, looks like most were having fun though. I didn't look at every picture so I didn't see anyone wearing a lighted Tony Stark shirt! :( Sorry....

Thanks for sharing your pictures.

hal9001-

·
Registered
349 Posts
"The owner has disabled downloading of their photos"

I was only going to save to my hard drive as inspiration. :(

Why lock it out?

·
Registered
349 Posts
Yah but still, the owner does not want that. Otherwise why lock. Its his choice of course, just wondered if it prevents virus issues or some such stuff.
Nevermind, perhaps I shouldnt ask. :beatdeadhorse:

1 - 7 of 7 Posts