Hobbyist Forums banner
1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
21 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I have a darkside enemy car and i was wondering if anyone had one of these cars and was running the rear vert. shocks? I am at the moment, but i was wondering where is a good location to run them? what if one is in a in farther than the other? what reaction will you get???? :cool:

·
Registered
353 Posts
I run this setup in my car and love it. I never have ran them in different holes compared to one another so maybe eric or one of the team guys can shine some light on that. They seem really good on flat tracks thats what I run mine on. Not sure the effects on a banked track, haven't hit one of them with it setup like that. I know I am not much help but I imagine one of the team guys will see this post and give more info.

·
Registered
2,627 Posts
spydermans16 said:
I run this setup in my car and love it. I never have ran them in different holes compared to one another so maybe eric or one of the team guys can shine some light on that. They seem really good on flat tracks thats what I run mine on. Not sure the effects on a banked track, haven't hit one of them with it setup like that. I know I am not much help but I imagine one of the team guys will see this post and give more info.
I suggest starting with the shocks mounted in the middle hole in the shock tower. Generally, standing up the shocks will reduce the amount that the chassis will want to roll over on itself. Putting the shocks at more of an angle will increase the amount that the chassis will want to roll.

-E

·
Registered
6,234 Posts
i ran the vertical setup on my enemy both slider and solid for awhile on all sorts and types of tracks including a banked track and this is what I have found after many tests but again its just me, lol. I found that they best worked on flat medium to wide sweeping corner type tracks, I noticed the car was taking less rear tweak or weight on the left rear but not to confuse it with a sliding effect of the right rear= conning of that tire, running the rear of the car almost flat, make sure you do a couple of things when running the vertical shocks, assemble everything on the car before you put the rear shocks on because you will need to adjust the length of the shocks acording to the natural "droop" of the rear end, if you dont size up both shocks equal and to the natural droop you will load the rear pod uneven, either up,down or even side to side. think of offroad buggies when moving the shocks in or out on the top of the shock tower, also tweak adjustment is opposite from your normal laydown shocks. I found that the left rear was picking up and riding on the right front more than I like while using the verticals on a tight turning track, I noticed this because of excessive wear and actual temps of the tire where a little higher than they should have been. other than that I loved the setup, just another inovative product eric has to accomodate every type of track and conditions.

1 - 5 of 5 Posts