Hobbyist Forums banner

1 - 17 of 17 Posts

·
Registered
172 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Found these in the Ben of Death at WallMart today some one said that there is a darker version of the Ferrari if so how do you tell?

Have a few extra bats if anybody still needs one LMK

Saved this one from the very bottom of the Death Bin

This fellow lost his top

·
Registered
140 Posts
Nice finds! I know there is a darker vari of the non super 599xx.but hadn't heard about the vari on the super.

·
Registered
172 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
I found these in Logan WV about 100 miles away...................................Yes Beckley has a lot of collectors you have to get up early to beat them to the treasures.

·
Registered
218 Posts
Found these in the Ben of Death at WallMart today some one said that there is a darker version of the Ferrari if so how do you tell?
I've had both and you can clearly tell the darker version. It's so dark you almost can't see the side upper tampo (black swoosh) by the Ferrari emblem.

·
Premium Member
9,247 Posts
Nice Finds Congrats.:wave::thumbsup:

·
Registered
5,768 Posts
Great finds.
As for a darker/lighter $uper on this one, this is ther first I've heard of it. Even if it is not a confirmed variation they are still very nice.

·
Registered
218 Posts
Here's a pic of the dark one that I opened. Wish I still had the lighter versions to show you the comparison but I traded both of them already.

·
Registered
5,768 Posts
To bad you have already traded them. I was going to ask you to look at the base codes of them to see what they were and see if they were different.

·
Registered
6,809 Posts
I love even the regular version of that car. Found one today and was very happy. The plastic base killed me a bit, but still a very cool casting.

·
Registered
218 Posts
My dream version of the 599XX is the Speed Machines ZAMAC with Real Riders on the co-molded CM6s. Is that even possible to put RRs on CM6s?

·
Registered
167 Posts
This occurs as the paint mixtures are replenished at the factory and is actually rather common. Not a "variation" at all IMUO.
Here is an example of pretty extreme case.

·
Registered
2,815 Posts
This occurs as the paint mixtures are replenished at the factory and is actually rather common. Not a "variation" at all IMUO.
Here is an example of pretty extreme case.

Exactly; well said! It annoys me when people refer to different paint batches as a rare "variation". :rolleyes:

1 - 17 of 17 Posts