Hobbyist Forums banner

1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
564 Posts
Discussion Starter #1 (Edited)
I just completed the Dark Horse Wolfman. Hope you like it. He looks a bit cross eyed in some of the pics but not in person. I claim operator error by the photographer. This is the first cold-cast porcelain kit I've done, and man this stuff is really brittle! I had to glue two fingers and a tree branch back on. I picked up this kit and the Dark Horse Invisible Man, Bride of Frankenstein, The Mummy and King Kong for about $25.00 a piece a few years ago on clearance. Based on prices I see on some big auction site I got a pretty good deal.

http://normlbd.tripod.com/id128.html

·
Lifetime Quacka
1,725 Posts
Looks pretty good there, man! I have yet to assemble a porclain kit. I have this one and the Bowen Wolfman. Did you have any pinning to do with this kit? Mine is still sealed so I have not seen the individual pieces. If you did have some pinning to do, did your dremel or drill tear the porcelain up much? Sounds like the small stuff is easily broken off. 25 bucks a piece....I am jealous!

·
Premium Member
3,930 Posts
Looks like you did a good job on him Norml. :thumbsup:
I have one or two cold casts in my pile and I've never done one either, so when I get to them I'll heed your advice and be careful of breakage. ( and have the glue ready ! )

·
Registered
564 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
Thanks for the comments folks.

Duck Fink said:
If you did have some pinning to do, did your dremel or drill tear the porcelain up much?
I didn't have any trouble drilling it. I pinned the figure to the base through his left foot. I intended to have the back foot poised in the air to give it a more dynamic look, but the figure is pretty hefty and wouldn't stay up. This is actually the first kit I've ever needed to pin, so I took the low road and super glued the back foot down for balance. I probably should have made a longer pin than I did. I think I could fairly easily repose him someday.

1 - 7 of 7 Posts