Hobbyist Forums banner

1 - 20 of 45 Posts

·
Premium Member
7,148 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Not sure if this is the right place to post but as it also contains a Dark Horse kit...what the heck...

I think these two kits were made for each other...

I've had the Bride waiting for Frankenstein to be released...
and now the time has come!
I'll begin Jan 1 2010...with a few Mods and a bit of Bashing I believe this will be an interesting Combo:wave:
Mcdee

·
Registered
5,022 Posts
Not sure if this is the right place to post but as it also contains a Dark Horse kit...what the heck...

I think these two kits were made for each other...

I've had the Bride waiting for Frankenstein to be released...
and now the time has come!
I'll begin Jan 1 2010...with a few Mods and a bit of Bashing I believe this will be an interesting Combo:wave:
Mcdee
A match made in Heaven and looking forward Denis to seeing this one when you start on it.:)

·
Premium Member
7,148 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
I ordered them from CultTVman and I've had them for over a Month now...
I usually get kits 2 months before the LHS in Calgary do.
Mcdee

·
Premium Member
5,433 Posts
Wow! I can't wait to see what you do with these Denis!:thumbsup:
Are you gonna do a lab scene or a dungeon scene? Whatever you decide I know you'll do it justice.

Chris.:)

·
Premium Member
7,148 Posts
Discussion Starter #7 (Edited)
Wow! I can't wait to see what you do with these Denis!:thumbsup:
Are you gonna do a lab scene or a dungeon scene? Whatever you decide I know you'll do it justice.

Chris.:)
Wow Chris Thanks for the encouragement:thumbsup:
I'm not sure yet how I will encompass these two lovebirds maybe more of a vignette if you will... You see I'm going to try and capture the moment from the film that the Monster tries to hold the Brides' hand and she recoils in horror breaking the Frankenstein Monsters' heart and angering him at the same time...so there will be a lot of Mods...the repositioning of the arms as well as making him look as he did in the Bride of Frankenstein ... his hair was burned away to stubble, and he had a big burn scar on his right cheek. his clothes were much more tattered as well. But I'm not letting fear nor common sense alter my mission:p
Mcdee

·
Registered
5,783 Posts
As a dio, I'd have Frankie reaching to pull the "blow us all to atoms" lever with her hissing like at the end of The Bride of Frankenstein - tears rolling down his cheeks.

Just my useless opinion. ;)

·
Premium Member
7,148 Posts
Discussion Starter #10
Not a useless opinion at all Trek ace :thumbsup: ...and it just something I may be able to incorporate into the scene...hmmm...
Mcdee:wave:

·
Registered
520 Posts
Actually, you could do a vignette almost out of the box with those two kits as they are - Frankie comes home late one night, after a round of poker with the boys, and the Bride lets into him the second he walks through the door..........

Gene

·
Premium Member
7,148 Posts
Discussion Starter #12
Actually, you could do a vignette almost out of the box with those two kits as they are - Frankie comes home late one night, after a round of poker with the boys, and the Bride lets into him the second he walks through the door..........

Gene
:p:p....Whoa...I don't know wheather I want it to be THAT scary! :p
Mcdee

·
Banned
2,214 Posts
Pictures of you Bride make envious. An angry ex-girlfriend smashed the face of my DarkHorse Bride. Its been three years or more now. I still dont have a replacement solution. The rest of my Bride kit is perfect. I wish I knew how to replace her face. Good luck with your project. The Darkhorse Frankenstein and the Bride were the center pieces of my figure model collection.

·
Premium Member
7,148 Posts
Discussion Starter #15
Pictures of you Bride make envious. An angry ex-girlfriend smashed the face of my DarkHorse Bride. Its been three years or more now. I still dont have a replacement solution. The rest of my Bride kit is perfect. I wish I knew how to replace her face. Good luck with your project. The Darkhorse Frankenstein and the Bride were the center pieces of my figure model collection.
That's a shame that your ex took her anger out on the Bride, PM me your address and perhaps I could be of some assistance in helping you restore this OOP kit :wave:
Mcdee

·
Premium Member
7,148 Posts
Discussion Starter #17 (Edited)
Cool idear, mcdee. We're going to see your photos of the finished project when - ? :devil:
When I'm finished....sheeesh...:tongue:.........

Actually I'm taking advantage of the New Year weekend and hope to work like a madman on this project...so....yeah ...about six weeks to completion:eek:...but I'll submit some wips
Mcdee

·
Premium Member
7,148 Posts
Discussion Starter #18
A few Wips....

Prime and base coats...

adding the scar he got in the Burning windmill

I'll use my Dremil to cut this out...
Back to work...tons more to do...
Mcdee

·
Elder Statesman
1,147 Posts
Looking very cool, Denis. (Can't believe you spell yours the same as I do, there aren't too many with only one "n"!) Nice to have a long weekend to hibernate inside and work on our favorite hobby!!! Keep up the good work!! - Denis

·
Premium Member
7,148 Posts
Discussion Starter #20
Yeah you're the only other Denis I know who uses only one 'n'...I was told I was named after my Great grandfather who also spelled it with one and was told it was an old Irish way of spelling the name:confused:
and Yes...this is a perfect weekend to build and paint ...thanks for the kind words
Cheers
Denis/Mcdee:wave:

1 - 20 of 45 Posts