Hobbyist Forums banner

1 - 12 of 12 Posts

·
Registered
14 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Man i order some Enterprise D Decals from Federation Models last Friday and i still havent got them im starting to get mad.

·
Registered
3,453 Posts
Federation models is probably one of the best places to buy things for sci-fi on the net.

After only a week, I don't think 'mad' is an appropiate repsonse yet.
Your method of payment may have something to do with it, and people who personally run business like this are people too and may have something going on.

Patience.

·
Registered
6,589 Posts
Wow! A whole week? :eek:

Who remembers the pre-internet snail-mail days when we waited 6-8 weeks(usually really about 3 months) to get the Star Trek models we ordered out of the Johnson-Smith comic book ads?

Then we had to carry buckets of coal to school, three miles each way in the driving snow!!!!

... oh wait. Ignore that last sentence... I was starting to channel my dead dad's spirit... :)

·
Registered
14 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
You think i should contact them or give it a little while longer? I used paypal by the way and they have already taken the payment out of my bank account.

·
Registered
6,589 Posts
I'd give them at least a few more business days unless you paid for express delivery.

I ordered a set of decals from them once and it took about ten days or so. I hadn't specified any express shipment nor had asked for a delivery confirmation and/or tracking number. Just wasn't worth it to me for the cost of what I was buying.

·
Premium Member
8,335 Posts
RegulatoR21 said:
Man i order some Enterprise D Decals from Federation Models last Friday and i still havent got them im starting to get mad.
Two things:

1) Watch the language, please. Hank has made it pretty clear on several occasions that he wants these forums as Family Friendly as possible. As such, please self-edit anything that you wouldn't say around children that you don't want them repeating. If you want confirmation on this, check two places: the Help/TOS section on the tool-bar above (you'll find it between "My Settings" and "Members List") and then my own "Here's How It Is (DaRulz)" in this forum.

b) One week is nothing. As Chuck was mentioning, there was a time when you would order from a Garage Kit retailer and would then have to wait at least a month or more - pre-Internet - 'cause you had to wait for the USPS to send your payment, the company to get your payment, get your order ready, take your payment to the bank & wait for it to clear, then you had to wait for the order to get back to you using the USPS or UPS. I can remember when most businesses had the statement of "Please wait 6 to 8 weeks for your order to be delivered". WEEKS, not ten to fourteen days....

So, one week and you're already getting antsy?

You might also want to recheck the FedMods site, which has this disclaimer:

Federation Models maintains a large inventory of products from over 40 manufactures. We do our best to keep the pages up to date but unfortunatly we cannot guarantee every item is in stock at the time you place your order. Most suppliers fill our requests promptly so the delay is short

So, it's entirely possible that the item(s) you ordered was/were out of stock and they're waiting for restock to come in. That's the only complaint I have about FedMods - and that's not much of a complaint as Tracy has always filled my order or refunded any money for whatever item might not come in. I sort of wish that Tracy has a real-time inventory program set up for his shop so that items will show up as "out of stock".

Regardless, he's not the fastest of the GKM Retailers out there, but he's far from the slowest. In fact, I'd say that FedMods is the average for filling orders w/that average being about 7 to 14 days. In my experiences, Starship Modeler is the fastest, as I usually have my order in less than one week, but have ZERO complaints about FedMods when it comes to filling orders or their customer service. Tracy is in the business to make money and I've never heard of him not filling an order and/or ripping a customer off. Like many in the GKM industry, he's here to keep you coming back to buy more stuff from him, not run you off. ;)

So, just be a patient for another week and I'm sure you'll have your order. If you're that impatient right now, email or call FedMods thru the website page and inquire. That's what you should always do when you have questions w/a vendor - call or email them. Almost everyone of them have good, solid contact information and are generally pretty quick to respond to email.

In fact, I urge you - and everyone else - to go that route instead of posting about a complaint here in this forum.

·
Curmudgeon
6,614 Posts
Amen to that! I've placed orders with Hobby Link Japan that didn't ship for two weeks, then took another two weeks to arrive. :freak: I know I'm not their only customer, but c'mon!

·
Registered
326 Posts
Chuck_P.R. said:
I'd give them at least a few more business days unless you paid for express delivery.

I ordered a set of decals from them once and it took about ten days or so. I hadn't specified any express shipment nor had asked for a delivery confirmation and/or tracking number. Just wasn't worth it to me for the cost of what I was buying.
Every order i've placed with them i ALWAYS do the faster shipping and delivery confirm, and phone orders email confirm think i have only had 1 time of a slight delay on shipping,no doubt they'll come through. :thumbsup:

·
Oxidation Genius
31,276 Posts
Hey, I ordered a camera from "ExpressCameras.com" the last week of November. Great price, but I'm still waiting for the backorder 2 1/2 months later.

One week? That ain't nothin'!

·
Registered
239 Posts
Good things come to those who wait! So like Club Tepes and Nova says, and sometime even obi wan says, Patience. After all, it is a virtue! Hang in there! :thumbsup:

1 - 12 of 12 Posts