Hobbyist Forums banner
1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I have only collected Danbury Mint 1/24 die cast cars and I have been very satisfied. I am considering purchasing a Franklin Mint 1/24 die cast. I see that in general their prices are lower than Danbury's. I would appreciate any feedback regarding the level of detail and quality of the FM die cast cars compared to DM.

Thanks,

·
Administrator
38,408 Posts
In general, and as I primarily Corvette diecast collector - the later issued Danbury Mints are better than the Franklin Mint issues ever where, but their earlier (first) models were not as good as what Franklin Mint had available at the time.

Franklin Mint usually also had more different models of different brands issued than Danbury as well.

Which Franklin Mint 1:24 are you considering?

·
Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
In general, and as I primarily Corvette diecast collector - the later issued Danbury Mints are better than the Franklin Mint issues ever where, but their earlier (first) models were not as good as what Franklin Mint had available at the time.

Franklin Mint usually also had more different models of different brands issued than Danbury as well.

I'm looking at a couple of

I'm looking at a couple of 1/24 Cuda's. A used '71Sno White convertible. $79 bid and a used '70 Plum Crazy hardtop. $128 bid.

·
Administrator
38,408 Posts
Those sound nice! And going by what the 1:1s are selling for - reasonabley priced! Let us now if you get them! 🤙

Reactions: karl s

·
Registered
6 Posts
I have only collected Danbury Mint 1/24 die cast cars and I have been very satisfied. I am considering purchasing a Franklin Mint 1/24 die cast. I see that in general their prices are lower than Danbury's. I would snaptube vidmate appreciate any feedback regarding the level of detail and quality of the FM die cast cars compared to DM.

Thanks,
Danbury mint is the best

1 - 5 of 5 Posts