Hobbyist Forums banner

1 - 15 of 15 Posts

·
Registered
1,977 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I usually don't do paint variants but I decided to get one of each of these when I found them in a Wallyworld dump bin. I'm not into Indycar racing but I thought they were really cool and a nice tribute.

The bottom one is more pure white and the top one has a golden tint to it.

·
Premium Member
3,133 Posts
Are those Supers?

·
Registered
570 Posts
not supers. hwc site said its a special tribute car. all of them have real riders.
probably as short a run as most mainline cars these days.
ive seen reports of them in 2 different case codes.
i'll find them for a dollar or not at all.

·
Registered
3,787 Posts
They are a limited first edition. They will be a shorter run than most due to cost. The is supposed to be one in every K and L case, after those assortments there will be no more. These are NOT treasure hunts of any kind.
These should be comparable to the first editions 55 Chevy Panel/VW Fastback/Karmann Ghia which levelled off in the $5-10 range after the dust settled.

·
Registered
1,977 Posts
Discussion Starter #7 (Edited)
I didn't think they were supers but wasn't sure, I liked both paint variants and I hadn't found much lately so I bought both. Even though they aren't supers, I imagine they will be hoarded like crazy(or perhaps I shouldn't say anything since I bought 2 lol)

·
Registered
172 Posts
I found 11 of them in 9 cases yesterday at WalMart also found 10 65 Chevy Malibu Treasure Hunts NO supers I only keep 2 each.

·
Registered
14,324 Posts
They may not be Supers but with two or less per case they may be just as coveted and hence HTF. I'm not an open wheel racing fan either, but I do like my RR's, and the livery is nice. Will definitely keep a look out for those.

·
Registered
1,061 Posts
Not treasure hunts? Then I think they will drop very far in price after a while, to the range where people will buy them just for the wheels.

·
Registered
910 Posts
i picked one of these up the other day for two reasons i collect first edition and it has rr"s if it didnt i would have left it there but theres already people on ebay here selling them for likr $10-$15 a pop

·
Registered
2,000 Posts
I'm hoping to find one of these. I like the car and the card. :thumbsup: I've noticed the price, on TTP, over the past couple of days has dropped down to $10 on these.

·
Premium Member
9,254 Posts
Nice finds guys congrats.:wave::thumbsup:

·
Registered
2,174 Posts
They are a limited first edition. They will be a shorter run than most due to cost. The is supposed to be one in every K and L case, after those assortments there will be no more. These are NOT treasure hunts of any kind.
These should be comparable to the first editions 55 Chevy Panel/VW Fastback/Karmann Ghia which levelled off in the $5-10 range after the dust settled.
Most of your statements are true or fair assessments. However, they are not supposed to be in every K and L case. I have gone through 12 K cases and have not found one yet. I'm happy with my five Supers =)

·
Registered
134 Posts
I found 11 of them in 9 cases yesterday at WalMart also found 10 65 Chevy Malibu Treasure Hunts NO supers I only keep 2 each.
Wow that's a great find. Let me know if you decide on getting rid of two. Or one of the hunts. The stores up here are hoarded by employees getting greased by ebayers.

1 - 15 of 15 Posts