Hobbyist Forums banner

1 - 15 of 15 Posts

·
Registered
5,553 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
In a different thread I mentioned that I had a tiny Bird of Prey. It was missing an engine nacelle so I wondered how it would look with the engine "blowing up".

And here is the proof of concept. It is not finished, I need to add color to the explosion and need to add some sort of color to the hull to make simulate the power failure and the beginnings of the loss of cloak. And I should clean the dust off too.

·
Registered
4,967 Posts
Is that the Jonny Lightning clear BOP? I recall some years back them making both an opaque and a clear version of this ship.

·
Registered
5,553 Posts
Discussion Starter #3 (Edited)
That is exactly what that is! And I just came up with a modification to the initial plan that just might be interesting!
Be back with pictures when the E-6000 dries. (If it works.)

DIRECT HIT! Now open hailing frequencies and see if they are willing to talk to us.

·
Registered
5,553 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
That didn't work. But I didn't know till I tried. The spatter was too much (too big) for the little ship and caused it to fall over if I wasn't careful. So I went back to working on explosion, smoke and fire. But my air brush did not want to co-operate today.

·
Registered
5,553 Posts
Discussion Starter #11
My daughter mentioned that last night. I might have to try that.
Is this too much?

·
Registered
5,553 Posts
Discussion Starter #14
I would have never thought to build the USAF jet that was in an episode of TOS let alone actually having the pilot of the aforementioned jet being beamed out as the jet disintegrates from a tractor beam.
whew

·
Registered
4,967 Posts
I would have never thought to build the USAF jet that was in an episode of TOS let alone actually having the pilot of the aforementioned jet being beamed out as the jet disintegrates from a tractor beam.
whew
Polar lights actually came out with a kit of this scene from”Tomorrow is Yesterday” which includes both models.
The transporter effect mach 7 achieved is remarkable.

1 - 15 of 15 Posts