Hobbyist Forums banner

1 - 12 of 12 Posts

·
Registered
417 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I have been looking at these two Road Runner's at Wally Mart for at least a couple of months now, but I or anyone else for that matter, didn't want to pick them up because of the bent chassis. I haven't seen these colors locally anywhere else. I was there again tonight with the wife, and was eyeballing them, when my wife said to bring them up to customer service and see if they would discount them. Well they did discount on them. When I got them home, I disassembled them and tweaked the chassis back to normal. :)

·
Premium Member
10,287 Posts
I think if you ask someone for a discount they might mark them down

·
Registered
5,478 Posts
I love getting a discount myself. You got to wonder how the cars get like that - factory QC or shipping nightmare?
My guess is Factory QC as the chassis slips under the rear bumper and then
under the front bumper will be a screw to tighten it down. Its just the factory
workers being in a hurry as nothing will be able to pop them loose from
shipping them from overseas. It happens when the bosses start crackin them
whips on their employees :freak:

·
Registered
9,896 Posts
Nice score, discounts are always nice but the people at my WM hates to even think about giving them even if the car is really out of shape.

·
Registered
1,012 Posts
TRU gave me a discount on the 49 Mercury Auto-Lift because the mounts on the top car were broken and the car was loose in the package. Both cars were perfectly fine.

·
Registered
19 Posts
I tried your logic at my local Wal-mart last night....but it didn't work ! I've been eyeballing a '71 Super Bee in blue w/ Hemi power (nice piece!) but the frame is also jacked. After reading of your luck I said "I'll try it myself" whats the worst they could say....NO ! Well thats exactly what they said. I explained with the car basically in pieces , Nobody is gonna pay $5.87. But she just said "Sorry" she couldn't mark it down. I guess I'll just look at at for 3 or 4 months more till they finally see our logic and mark it down . In thier defense , there has been a rash of "broken" cars here latley,(3 just at this 1 store)anybody else notice this....maybe M2 needs to tighten up on Q.C. a bit!

·
Banned
4,640 Posts
well, one thing is the broken cars never sell, so you see them over and over, my wally has quite a few GP's banging around in the cube because of one simple thing...base screws..they are under tightened, which releases the car from the stand to get shook around by everyone looking at it, therefore breaking the car apart further, or the screws are over tightened, breaking the chassis first, then the base.

·
Registered
417 Posts
Discussion Starter · #10 ·
Yeah, Wally's didn't give me a great discount on them. But I haven't been able to find those anywhere else. They were on the shelf forever.

·
Registered
4,260 Posts
Yeah, at my Wallys the older cars all look like they've all been in a crash derby.
Yeah, in fact all the M2s I ever see broken on the shelves are the ones that have been sitting there for a while and been man-handled time after time by the customers. In fact, one of the 'broken' ones on the shelf at Wally's right now is obviously in that shape after having a tire stolen from it.

1 - 12 of 12 Posts