Hobbyist Forums banner

1 - 19 of 19 Posts

·
Registered
7,693 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 · (Edited)
On Sunday, October 7th I opened up my garage once again to host my 7th annual Cruise Gathering. There was a record crowd this year and everyone had a good time. This year, representative states were Pennsylvania, New York, New Jersey, Massachusetts, Rhode Island and Connecticut. Almost had Maine, Missouri and Georgia represented - maybe next year. My wife, Sandee, once again created a very appetizing lunch that the crowd went nuts for, especially the pulled pork! The weather was OK for the first part of the day but the rain came eventually. That didn't dampen the fun, though!

The calm before the fun!

DCPDGUY was the first to arrive on Sunday

Let the fun begin!

·
Registered
3,724 Posts
Looks like a great time.

Is all of your stuff for sale or is it just displayed? I understand the gathering of friends but tell us a little more about the diecast goings on. Details man, details...:wave:

·
Registered
2,000 Posts
Man O man..........I wish I could have been there! I was soooo excited to go and Still pretty bummed about not being there. Had the truck all loaded with toys and came down with Maine's version of the plague (or at least it felt like it) just finally came out of it this past weekend. Thank you Mark for extending me the invite and I hope next year to be there. :thumbsup:

BTW, now that I'm up and around your "host" gift will be heading your way the end of the week. I hope you and the wife enjoy it. :wave:

·
Registered
2,465 Posts
Tena and I were there and we did not have a good time...

we had a GREAT time!!!

Mark we cannot thank you and Sandee enough!!!!!

·
Registered
14,683 Posts
Looks like you had a great gathering and a fun time - I'm sorry that I was unable to attend once again. At noon on Sunday we were still trying to recover from our niece's wedding the night before. I really do hope to make it one of these years, Mark, if you'll still have me...

:wave:

·
Registered
7,693 Posts
Discussion Starter · #13 ·
Looks like a great time.

Is all of your stuff for sale or is it just displayed? I understand the gathering of friends but tell us a little more about the diecast goings on. Details man, details...:wave:
Inquiring minds wanna know, huh? :D

The cars in the display cases on the walls of my garage are part of my collection and are not for sale. Everything on the tables was for sale / trade. I borrowed tables from work and some guys brought their own. It is set up just like a toy show, only FUNNERER! :thumbsup: The event is invitation only cuz it's on my dime and I only have so much room.
I started my Gathering in 2006 and that year and the next we all trucked downtown for a big car show on Main Street after doing the diecast thing. There was no car show downtown in 2008 due to lack of funding but we still had a great time. For 2009, there was a car show across town but everybody said they were having a great time and didn't need to go to the show. In 2010 there was a small car show in a neighboring town and we decided to check it out - it was a cool show. No car show last year or this year but it doesn't seem to matter. (I always check for any in the area, though;)) It's a lot of work but it's always a blast!!:thumbsup:

·
Registered
8,445 Posts
WOW Mark... I would sure like to make it next year my friend... Sure looks like a good time... My friend Vernon Stamm and I have thought seriously about doing something like what you do... We looked for a place right off the freeway RT 70 through Columbus Ohio... Very easy to find and get to... I talked with the Manager of the hotel and as soon as we can agree on a price and room rates we might get it going next year !!!
Glad to see such a super turn out for ya this year !!!

·
Registered
7,693 Posts
Discussion Starter · #15 ·
Thanks, Steve. And by the way, put your mind to it and you and your buddy will make it happen!:thumbsup:

Here's a list of this year's attendees using present and former HT handles:

AQUA_XK8
DCPDGUY
black sunshine
Dadvball
CTWLSMIKE & son
ViperMan & 2 sons
NYSWLhunter & his wife
carnut2256
ECchopper
Shakn340 (now Shakn383)
Swifty
Ricky2400 & his wife
Dave_Anto364
Dragnet_Supporter
my friend Harry & his wife

·
Registered
2,030 Posts
...and I had a box full of old car magazines from the 60s to give to Lummox as I thought he would enjoy them. Maybe next year?

·
Registered
3,724 Posts
Inquiring minds wanna know, huh? :D

The cars in the display cases on the walls of my garage are part of my collection and are not for sale. Everything on the tables was for sale / trade. I borrowed tables from work and some guys brought their own. It is set up just like a toy show, only FUNNERER! :thumbsup: The event is invitation only cuz it's on my dime and I only have so much room.
I started my Gathering in 2006 and that year and the next we all trucked downtown for a big car show on Main Street after doing the diecast thing. There was no car show downtown in 2008 due to lack of funding but we still had a great time. For 2009, there was a car show across town but everybody said they were having a great time and didn't need to go to the show. In 2010 there was a small car show in a neighboring town and we decided to check it out - it was a cool show. No car show last year or this year but it doesn't seem to matter. (I always check for any in the area, though;)) It's a lot of work but it's always a blast!!:thumbsup:
Thanks for the info. Wish I lived close enough to get an invite. Sounds like a great time had by all.

·
Registered
19,875 Posts
...and I had a box full of old car magazines from the 60s to give to Lummox as I thought he would enjoy them. Maybe next year?
Very thoughtful of you David! Thanks! I'm sure gonna try for next year.
Seems like I'm the guy to receive vintage car mags, I've had probably 4 or 5 different people give me their collections :thumbsup:

1 - 19 of 19 Posts