Hobbyist Forums banner

1 - 14 of 14 Posts

·
Registered
4,222 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
i heard some of that and that they are a little narrower than a tranny car to, how much of a difference does it make being narrower

·
Registered
1,842 Posts
Jeez guys,you got my attenion right away when i saw the topic.I like runninn the Tranny Cars on the carpet as well as the dirt.The only thing is ,its dead here in New England.We use to have a house full years ago in the Tranny Car class at Turn 4 --Then K&N.Of course that was a conversion with a Pan Car type body on it.I could run with the B main Pan cars at the time.Just thougt id reminisce. Sandy.:thumbsup::wave:

·
Dale Cote'
1,659 Posts
which is better on a dirt oval?
I messed around with a DD car for a bit. I noticed that it broke the wheels loose easier. A lot less rotating weight let the motor "spool up" quick. With brushed motors, you'd fight to get the gear ratio low enough since you didn't have three gears for reduction. End up with a real small pinion. I would assume that isn't such a problem with brushless. With the old CW DD car, the ball diff was exposed to the elements and always got gritty. I would stay away from DD unless you are on a BIG track.

·
Registered
4,222 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
I messed around with a DD car for a bit. I noticed that it broke the wheels loose easier. A lot less rotating weight let the motor "spool up" quick. With brushed motors, you'd fight to get the gear ratio low enough since you didn't have three gears for reduction. End up with a real small pinion. I would assume that isn't such a problem with brushless. With the old CW DD car, the ball diff was exposed to the elements and always got gritty. I would stay away from DD unless you are on a BIG track.
what would you consider a big track? what run line length would you say?

·
Dale Cote'
1,659 Posts
Any track where you don't lift in the corner, or hardly lift. Tracks where the corner speed really doesn't fall off much.

·
Registered
57 Posts
Back in the days of purpose built dirt oval cars, the Badger, Dominator, and Titan were DD cars and with silicone tires were very sucessful.

·
Registered
4,222 Posts
Discussion Starter #14
Back in the days of purpose built dirt oval cars, the Badger, Dominator, and Titan were DD cars and with silicone tires were very sucessful.
the dominator is an awsome dirt oval car... wish there was a few more in my neck of the woods...

1 - 14 of 14 Posts