Hobbyist Forums banner

1 - 20 of 43 Posts

·
Registered
3,230 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 · (Edited)
Stan at Starling Tech just sent a video. It's really cool.

In addition to the sweeping "eye" it will have simulated gunfire and sounds for all the features. It will be a plug and Play install and won't require cutting up the kit for power or switch access. Look for this kit to be available around Thanksgiving

What he did to bring life to Robbie the Robot and the B9 he is doing for the Moebius Cylon Centurion.

Click on the image to see the short test vid.
[/URL][/IMG]

[Steve

·
Registered
3,230 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
Take a look now...

Sound in a day or two. I'll have a build up very soon and you can see how cool it is.

[/URL][/IMG]

Steve

·
Registered
3,230 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
I shot a quick vid of the Raider last night.
The Centurion board is different, and there will be a sound module, but the effects will be just as cool!
[/URL][/IMG]

I'll post a demo build vid of the centurion soon.

http://starling-tech.com/

Steve

·
Registered
3,230 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 · (Edited)
Here's a new vid of the sound and light kit.
Stan did a great job on this one.
it dosen't have the "peripheral vision" problems the other kits seem to have, and there is an AUX jack in the sound card to connect external speakers. The built in speaker sounds fine, but it's really cool hooked up to externals..
I'm doing a build of this as we speak, so more pics soon.
It has 3 switches,1: Power on: (Lighted eye sweep) 2:Sound effect for eye sweep, and 3: gun effects that also enables gun lights...

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=sAasH9sFbu8
Steve

·
Registered
3,230 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 ·
It's not me , so far it's all Stan. The sound and light kit is a hoot!

This kit is problematic, Moebius did a great job. Most of the kits seams disappear with care, but the builder needs to take the time to dress the seams and mask, paint, dress the seams and mask,..paint.. folks who rushed this one to be first will need to build a second one I think.

In my flow chart this kit it titled the "Seamstress"

Pics tomorrow..

Steve

·
Registered
129 Posts
it dosen't have the "peripheral vision" problems the other kits seem to have,
Not sure what you mean here, what problem is this exactly?

In the video I'm seeing 15 seconds of titles and then less than a second of the Cylon - is that intentional, or did the video get truncated?

Ant

·
Registered
3,230 Posts
Discussion Starter · #11 ·
All I see when I work on the face of this thing is baboon.

getting the head ready for primer and a little filler:

The seams are there..but if you spend some time with them they are almost invisible...this is a pic of unglued just holding it together:

and a little light blocker:

Steve

·
Registered
3,230 Posts
Discussion Starter · #13 ·
This kit has very tight tolerances. if the fit looks good before you paint and assemble, the layers of paint might push the seams apart.

The snout/ vent thing will fit after you assemble the sides of the head..but it needs a little sanding to slide in the slot provided for it.

Steve

·
Registered
3,230 Posts
Discussion Starter · #14 ·
The ball shaped neck gimbal is a tight fit, but it does fit..you need to make sure the lower areas behind the jaw area are free of flash, again, a few coats of paint can cause a problem.

if the paint layers cause the parts not to fit....file behind the Jaw areas again..it won't show later.

Steve

·
Registered
1,296 Posts
Cool - but in the video it looks like the roving effect and the sound is not synchronous. Can you show a longer sequence?

·
Registered
3,230 Posts
Discussion Starter · #16 · (Edited)
I'm finishing up the head today...I'll power up the board and we can see. In person the sound and light are synched...it's getting lost in translation for some reason..that's why we changed the links the first time.

Silver looks good, pics in a bit

Looking at the profile is a hoot! I have the same bicycle helmet..It's a Gyro
Steve

·
Registered
3,230 Posts
Discussion Starter · #18 ·
Hee hee..where I live it's all uphill..leaving,.. coming home...my bike is dusty.

Here is a vid I took with my DSLR..
[/URL][/IMG]

Guys who need more perfect sound/ light sync usually are talented enough to build their own boards..

Steve

·
Registered
3,230 Posts
Discussion Starter · #19 · (Edited)
Working on the legs and arms now. The seams can be tamed with just a little work with a sanding stick:

my Centurion is a little more Roman than the others...

Steve

·
Registered
3,230 Posts
Discussion Starter · #20 ·
New video..I like the red Cowl lining, but I'm a weirdo.. roll the "r" when you say ROME!
[/URL][/IMG]

Steve

1 - 20 of 43 Posts