Hobbyist Forums banner

1 - 20 of 332 Posts

·
Registered
423 Posts
Discussion Starter #1 (Edited)
May 4th, (Friday) Seaford DE Practice 11am till.....
May 5th, (Sat) Practice until 11:30am, racing starts at NOON.
May 6th, (Sun) ORL Series Race

-Winners of the A-Main in 4 cell Stock and 19turn Win $250 (40 entry est)
-Top 2 finishers in B-Main of 4 cell Stock and 19 turn BUMP to the A
-Race to be announced by the one and only *Scarecrow*

-Top finishers of the C-Main an lower recieve prize packages from:
TrueSpeed, Putnam Pro, Whiplash, LefthanderRC, TQ Cells, EA Motorsports, Hyperdrive/MSA, RIP, IRS, Kimbrough, and ORC.

-Entry Fee: $30 (Regardless of what an older flyer may say!) All classes will be awarded on a 60% payback from the total entry collected for that class.

-Classes: 4 cell stock, 19turn (machine wound only, Ultrabird kind), Electric Sprint. Although it is not on the entry form, Brushless 13.5 and 4300 are WELCOME to enter. Novak motors to keep it simple. Any other classes will race with 6 or more entries.

Format:
All races 4min, 3 qual rounds, reshuffled 3rd round. 6-8 car qualifiers, 10 car main events.
B-mains to be run first in the Main Round, all A mains held for last.

Track: 355' smooth asphalt tri-oval with slight banking and excellant lighting. Suggested you bring pit tables and extension cords.
-Tables for out-of-towners on a first come/first served basis.
No halogen lights. Campers and trailers welcome with the use of generators. (And pontoons for the Salvas')

Contact: Send pre-entries to Paul Townsend - 38 Parker Drive, Millsboro, DE 19966. Check should be payable to ESRC. For addtional information call 302 934 6588.

Entry form available at CustomWorksRC.com. Come prepared for a great weekend of racing with great people on an awesome track!

·
Registered
1,585 Posts
TBRC plans on being there..............Heck the hotel will be reserved by the end of this weekend. That is unless we can get a loaner rv from one of the guys folks :D

·
Registered
3,805 Posts
Wow the rates are not cheap in that area. Is there something else in that area that drives the prices up? I think I am going for the Holiday Inn.

·
Registered
2,543 Posts
Joel, try Salisbury, MD. It is about 15 to 18 miles south of Seaford. Rate at the Days Inn or Comfort Inn start at $65 to 75 per night. That is what Lin, Gary and I have done in the past. Seaford rooms are high. I have also found a better rate in Georgetown, east of Seaford.

I would love to make this race, but the .09series is in Easly, Sc the week before.

·
Registered
1,673 Posts
Larry B said:
Joel, try Salisbury, MD. It is about 15 to 18 miles south of Seaford. Rate at the Days Inn or Comfort Inn start at $65 to 75 per night. That is what Lin, Gary and I have done in the past. Seaford rooms are high. I have also found a better rate in Georgetown, east of Seaford.

I would love to make this race, but the .09series is in Easly, Sc the week before.
Georgetown has ONE NASTY HOTEL, I believe its the American Inn now. DO NOT GO THERE! Was there last year for the Cup race at Dover........I think I saw a chalk outlined body in the room I stayed in! LOL

·
Registered
1,082 Posts
J-Dub Racing said:
Wow the rates are not cheap in that area. Is there something else in that area that drives the prices up? I think I am going for the Holiday Inn.
Why yes, its only 20 minutes away from the Bill Auchterlonie racing museum. This museum attracts thousands of visitors like yourself every year which then drives up the hotel expenses. Tell you what, if you come to the event I will give you some free tickets.

·
Registered
2,027 Posts
Bill Auchterlonie said:
Why yes, its only 20 minutes away from the Bill Auchterlonie racing museum. This museum attracts thousands of visitors like yourself every year which then drives up the hotel expenses. Tell you what, if you come to the event I will give you some free tickets.

Well all those bad race cars sitting still, I guess it is a museum!!!!!!!

Are you going to be at a race track somewhere this weekend curator Bill?

LOL

Doug

·
Registered
2,186 Posts
I will have to see what my work schedule is but if I am off that weekend their will be a BBQ at my house hosted buy The Hastings Family to whomever would like to endulge. :thumbsup:

·
Registered
1,585 Posts
A possible BBQ now thats a real cool deal.

As for the prices of lodging in Seaford try using your AAA membership it could save you money. Then there are those who would use thier (AL S) AARP card :D :eek:

·
Registered
1,585 Posts
HHHHMMM that give me an idea ......If I can get made to lok like my father in law I could try and get the AAA + AARP and veterans dicounts at the hotels. Heck at that rate I could make money by having the hotel pay me to stay there. NAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAHHH I could'nt do that it would'nt be right

·
Registered
431 Posts
I will post the numbers of several hotels this weekend. There are 2 new hotels in Seaford so I would think rates should be a little lower now.

·
Registered
436 Posts
Don't be knocking the AARP cardholders. We get a free cup of coffee at Micky D's every morning and a brand muffin to go with it. :) :)

Seeya at the race.

Kenny

Opps! Arnie, don't forget to bring yourself a hat.

1 - 20 of 332 Posts