Hobbyist Forums banner

1 - 20 of 213 Posts

·
Registered
328 Posts
Yeah, unfortunately, there are no pictures of the car itself yet.

Curtis :thumbsup:

·
Registered
302 Posts
i saw it it has a transmission and four shocks with wide rear tires!!!
i did see it and it is a very well designed car.
eric

·
Registered
3,927 Posts
The Custom Works pan car isn't anything special.
one piece chassis,associated frontend,typical rear pod set-up.

Polimeda,Duane Silva,Rob Cutman,Arnie Fie are the few guy's that are running them this week.

·
Registered
75 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
If this project is for real and Jerry Landgraft is involved with the design and develoment, this should be the car to beat.

·
Registered
4,551 Posts
well i seriously hope it does not have a transmition... according to rules by sanctioning bodies all pan cars must have straight axle rear ends...

i also seriously hope custom works make the pricing decent.... if it cost as much as there dirt oval cars.. there not gonna sell many... i agree they have dirt oval covered, but how much dirt oval is left????.. im sure it will be a quality item as custom work always is...

·
Registered
3,102 Posts
Dirt oval is very popular in the north east still....and i wouldnt say they have it covered.....The Kranzels Terminator wins a lot of races..........

·
Registered
1,673 Posts
Ovalnator.......just to let you in on a secret. The Kranzels Terminator was none other the the original R & D Terminator (Rob and Dennis Cutman designed). Not trying to flame ANYONE, Daves car is a great gearbox car!!

·
Registered
3,102 Posts
Beach, i know!!! I race in central ny, back when the car was originally out, no one could get it to work good (in my area, not sure about else where...i was to young to travel out of state) I know when the 20degree car came out they worked a ton better! Personally, its the best dirt oval car ive driven....and now that Rob works for CW, im sure their new car will be really good.

·
Registered
1,821 Posts
I am taking a wild guess that Silva's had a major part in the design since they are running it and they are in the IRS booth this year.

·
Registered
4,551 Posts
wow silvas not associated any more.. hmmm car better be decent then if they are choosing to run it

·
Registered
3,927 Posts
Duane hasn't worked for Associated for awhile,Daryl is still with Associated as a Team driver.

·
Registered
132 Posts
I seen the CW oval pan car last week. It ran great and handles just as well. The one that was being tested that I saw was being run by Arnie Fie. It was giving Phil Marabella (full Trinity sponsored driver) all he could handle and then some.

Alomost every pan car out uses the Associated strut style front suspension. All these cars out only have minor differances anyways. They are all similiar.

As for the Kranzel Terminator. Rob Cutman was the one that continued ato design the car after he got it from his old motor sponsor back in the day. Dave Wilhem from QuarterFlash motors gave him the original car, which was a stock tubed RC10 with that wild bent up nose plate with a Sprint car body on it. Rob ran the car at the then JG Race in CA and destroyed the field with it. R&D Hobbies did all the research and development of the car. When Rob closed his shop only then did Dave buy the name and parts for the car.

Dave didn't even develop that lower caster front nose plate. Myron Rote ran a terminator with a noseplate that had about 10 degrees of caster instead of the stock one. He ran it at Kranzels track one time and crushed the track record. Dave said he COULD NOT RUN THAT NO MORE because it wasn't a part others could by. Then Dave stole the idea from Myron and had the front plates made like he developed them and then sold them. :mad:

Thanks Myron for really developing the the lower front nose plate. :thumbsup:

·
Registered
3,102 Posts
interesting info! Im actually in the process of building my own car, with an adjustable front kickup/castor system (not like the grand motorsports one that is useless (the shock tower stays stationary, so when the arms arent perpendicular to the shock tower, the shocks bind)) Its gonna be pretty sweet!!

·
Registered
132 Posts
ovalnator said:
interesting info! Im actually in the process of building my own car, with an adjustable front kickup/castor system (not like the grand motorsports one that is useless (the shock tower stays stationary, so when the arms arent perpendicular to the shock tower, the shocks bind)) Its gonna be pretty sweet!!
Cool. As long as you don't run at Kranzels you would be ok. He don't let anything run their that he don't make or others can't buy. He wouldn't let me run my badger car from back in the day since the tranny setup they used was so much faster than any other car. Only car with a transmission to really be able to run with the direct drive CW vars back in the day.

·
Registered
195 Posts
I was told that the pan car was the prototype Trinity car from a few years back..... When Rob still worked for the big "T"..... I talked to some people at the birds so they can post pictures....

danny d

P.S. do you think Tony will run it at the Bud shootout?? hahaha

·
Registered
132 Posts
dannyd said:
I was told that the pan car was the prototype Trinity car from a few years back..... When Rob still worked for the big "T"..... I talked to some people at the birds so they can post pictures....

danny d

P.S. do you think Tony will run it at the Bud shootout?? hahaha
To the best of my knowledge Rob is not designing too much of it. Arnie Fie who is going to work for CW is working on it.

1 - 20 of 213 Posts